S590 Bobcat info needed

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

416bigbore

Hello All, Newbie here looking for some helpful info on my 2014 S590 Bobcat Ser.# AR9R11368, I need to remove the cylinder head. I have been looking for torque specs on the net with no luck. It's the new Doosan D24 engine Bobcat started to use after the kubota. I am also looking for an online source to buy aftermarket parts to help save me from being held at the mercy of the local Stealership. All help is greatly appreciated, Mike

Bswwood

unfortunately that engine is specifically designed for Bobcat by doosan, I seriously doubt you'll be able to find any aftermarket parts. I am curious why you had to pull the head?

Bswwood

unfortunately that engine is specifically designed for Bobcat by doosan, I seriously doubt you'll be able to find any aftermarket parts. I am curious why you had to pull the head?
They are torque to yield bolts and need to be replaced with new ones, first round is 29 ft-lbs 2nd round 90 degrees, third-round 90°, 4th round 90°.

OP
OP

416bigbore

They are torque to yield bolts and need to be replaced with new ones, first round is 29 ft-lbs 2nd round 90 degrees, third-round 90°, 4th round 90°.
Hello Bswwood, Thank you for that info. The unfortunate story that was told to me about this machine was that an operator for the guy who owns the machine, put straight water into it with no Antifreeze. Not sure what happen after that, maybe froze up at some point in the winter? I was told the head gasket was changed out and the machine has never run right since so it has just sat for the last two years. Now I get to dig into it to see whats wrong? It's my understanding it's putting pressure into the radiator, I have not looked at the machine to know if this is true or not ? Until I dig into it, for all I know it could possibly have a cracked and or wrapped cylinder head? The owner had a young inexperienced mechanic do the work so it's hard to say whats all wrong? They also had no shop service manual as a guide either. I am just trying to do my homework before I open up this can of worms! LOL Might you know if the Daewoo / Doosan DC24 engine that is used in the Doosan forklifts, is the same parts and gaskets as the Doosan D24 engine? I have yet to contact the Doosan forklift people to confirm this. Thanks again Mike

Bswwood

Hello Bswwood, Thank you for that info. The unfortunate story that was told to me about this machine was that an operator for the guy who owns the machine, put straight water into it with no Antifreeze. Not sure what happen after that, maybe froze up at some point in the winter? I was told the head gasket was changed out and the machine has never run right since so it has just sat for the last two years. Now I get to dig into it to see whats wrong? It's my understanding it's putting pressure into the radiator, I have not looked at the machine to know if this is true or not ? Until I dig into it, for all I know it could possibly have a cracked and or wrapped cylinder head? The owner had a young inexperienced mechanic do the work so it's hard to say whats all wrong? They also had no shop service manual as a guide either. I am just trying to do my homework before I open up this can of worms! LOL Might you know if the Daewoo / Doosan DC24 engine that is used in the Doosan forklifts, is the same parts and gaskets as the Doosan D24 engine? I have yet to contact the Doosan forklift people to confirm this. Thanks again Mike
That's unfortunate, I was curious because it's actually a very reliable engine but they are expensive to work on when something does go wrong.I didn't see your contact info in your profile, I can send you the full service manual.

OP
OP

416bigbore

That's unfortunate, I was curious because it's actually a very reliable engine but they are expensive to work on when something does go wrong.I didn't see your contact info in your profile, I can send you the full service manual.
Profile updated, that info would be greatly appreciated thank you. I been hearing good thing about this engine. It's just like anything else though, it all boils down to the maintenance.

Tazza

Staff member
Profile updated, that info would be greatly appreciated thank you. I been hearing good thing about this engine. It's just like anything else though, it all boils down to the maintenance.
Before pulling the head, i'd check compression. If it never ran right after head gasket replacement, i'd suspect valve clearance could be out, causing it to not run right.
If it froze, i'd suspect more of a block crack than a head, but it is possible. Check the easy parts first, then start digging deeper.
Good luck on the repair though!

OP
OP

416bigbore

Before pulling the head, i'd check compression. If it never ran right after head gasket replacement, i'd suspect valve clearance could be out, causing it to not run right.
If it froze, i'd suspect more of a block crack than a head, but it is possible. Check the easy parts first, then start digging deeper.
Good luck on the repair though!
Hello Tazza, Thanks for the reply...... Here is the really sad part about this....... The machine only has 410 hrs. on it. I am not doubting the problem isn't deeper then just the top end ? I need to dig into it first with simple diagnostics and find a direction. The machine is together and will run, just no power and putting pressure into the puck tank. I will know more tomorrow and will post what I find. Thanks again, Mike