S300 Fuel Gauge All Over

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

ellison

My fuel gauge is all over the place. It doesn't seem to be the in-tank sensor as gauge seems to be accurate for moments like when I first startup. I've also left the S300 running while refueling and have watched the gauge rise as the tank has filled. But as I work, it will drop to empty or soar to full, and the low fuel light will come on even when it shows full.

Anyone have an idea where to look?

foton

chances are it is the sending unit in the tank ,but check the grounds in that area of the sending unit for resistance problems.

My fuel gauge is all over the place. It doesn't seem to be the in-tank sensor as gauge seems to be accurate for moments like when I first startup. I've also left the S300 running while refueling and have watched the gauge rise as the tank has filled. But as I work, it will drop to empty or soar to full, and the low fuel light will come on even when it shows full.

I'm experiencing the same behavior in the fuel gauge of my S220. I replaced the sending unit (which was a nightmare job) but no joy? Did you ever figure out what the problem is?