S250 making a click or poping noise more noticeable when turning or traveling fast.

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

bill16

Hi everyone, Im new to the fourm and need a little help. I recently bought a 2006 S250 with 4K hrs on it. The noise I hear is like a popping noise. It is slightly present when traveling straight and gets worse when turning either direction. It sounds like it is coming from the front under seat area. In slow mode I don't hear it. I have raised the front wheels off ground and checked end and side to side play and can not feel any. Rolling the wheels to check chain play is the same on both sides, maybe a little over an inch. The chain case oil is down about an inch and appears clean. I'm going to top that off and recheck noise. Just to confirm that oil is an 80/90 gear oil, is that correct? When reading the other post hear the closest one I could find replaced the chain and still had the noise. The thought after that mentioned a broken retaining clip on a shaft. The post ended at that point with no conclusion. What do you all think this could be? Is this serious or normal? Thanks in advance.

mocus250

I had that issue, turned out my chains were stretched and needed replacement. the chain case uses 30 wt motor oil or same hydraulic oil as the machine