S250 electrical issues

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Leonard

I have a 2004 s250 turbo high flow. The first issue is with starting it. I turn the key and nothing but a click from the fuel solenoid. I can pull the starter relay and jump the connections and it will start. My second issue is all hydraulics are locked. I've checked battery, wire connections, grounds and nothing.I get codes 11-06, 08-21,07-21,05-21,47-21,04-21. I replaced the seatbar sensor because code 11-06. No change. I've talked with the local BC dealer and the don't have the computer to diagnose yet. Any help would be appreciated.

brdgbldr

I have a 2004 s250 turbo high flow. The first issue is with starting it. I turn the key and nothing but a click from the fuel solenoid. I can pull the starter relay and jump the connections and it will start. My second issue is all hydraulics are locked. I've checked battery, wire connections, grounds and nothing.I get codes 11-06, 08-21,07-21,05-21,47-21,04-21. I replaced the seatbar sensor because code 11-06. No change. I've talked with the local BC dealer and the don't have the computer to diagnose yet. Any help would be appreciated.
I'm no expert but here is what I would try.

First of all replace or swap the starter relay with another just to see if it will start or not, just to eliminate a bad relay.

Check all of your fuses. I'm not familiar with S250 but I believe it has a 100 amp megafuse behind the battery and the wires come loose causing low voltage. I know I've seen a few posts and this was the cause of many problems. I know this sounds silly but you'd be amazed at what a bad fuse will do. Also remove and clean the battery terminals and connections if you haven't yet.

With all of the codes being sensors in different areas it sounds like the controller is having problems. This could be a bad controller, but I think that maybe you have a short in your wiring or low voltage getting to the controller. Look at any areas of the wiring with sharp bends or where the wire harness may have rubbed through.

OP
OP
L

Leonard

Thank you for your reply.
I do have a service manual. I have changed out relays with no success. I will look at the 100amp fuse and get back. Im willing to check anything at this point. Thank you again.