S220 traction control

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

lsu_tiger_fan_1975

Guys I am in a tight spot here in the Philippines I am a Sgt in the U.S Army and have an issue with a S220 that is out of commission due to a busted starter. I need to get my loader moved while I am waiting on the part to get here from the states. I have looked high and low for any possable solution but have come up dry every time. If any of you smary guys have an idea or solution it would be great. Keep in mind that i do not have a manual for this thing but our friends at Bobcat did send the wiring diagram via e-mail so again thanks for any help. Jon

Tazza

Staff member
It depends on if its the starter motor or the relay that drives the starter.
You can always try running +ve power directally to the relay (the round bit that sits on top of the starter motor) There should be 3 connections to this, 2 will be large lugs (one goes to the motor via a braided wire, the other connects to the battery +ve. You want the small connection, you want to feed the power into the small one that goes back to the starting relay, it should have a light gauge wire running off it.
Other than that, if the starter is indeed dead, there isn't alot you can do i'm afraid, other than waiting on your replacement starter.

carpman15

It depends on if its the starter motor or the relay that drives the starter.
You can always try running +ve power directally to the relay (the round bit that sits on top of the starter motor) There should be 3 connections to this, 2 will be large lugs (one goes to the motor via a braided wire, the other connects to the battery +ve. You want the small connection, you want to feed the power into the small one that goes back to the starting relay, it should have a light gauge wire running off it.
Other than that, if the starter is indeed dead, there isn't alot you can do i'm afraid, other than waiting on your replacement starter.
if you have a large forklift or "sky trak" you may be able to pick it up this is what we do at work

siduramaxde

if you have a large forklift or "sky trak" you may be able to pick it up this is what we do at work
I assume you are on a base? For sure you have a larger piece of equipment? When my T200 went down due to bad timming belt (traction lock, track don't move) we just pushed it around with a T250. I think I could have moved it with a big truck too or a tractor. The wheels will slide.