S220 Skid Plate Draining

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

B2Blain

I am new Bobcat owner. I keep it outside and have noticed water collecting on the skid plate. I have tried to drain it by lifting the front with the bucket, but I am not able to get all the water out. I am also thinking about cleaning it with a pressure washer so I would like find out an easy way to get the water out. Are there drain holes that might be plugged or do I have to use a shop vac to get the water out?

mmsllc

if it is anything like my 863, then yes, there are drain holes in the very bottom of the skid plate. they absolutely love to get packed up with dirt & therefore not drain the way they were designed to drain. if you remove the side panels, you can access most of this dirt & get it draining again. don't be surprised if you pull out enough dirt to fill a 5 gallon pale, per side. also, that dirt will smell like absolute @$$!

OP
OP
B

B2Blain

if it is anything like my 863, then yes, there are drain holes in the very bottom of the skid plate. they absolutely love to get packed up with dirt & therefore not drain the way they were designed to drain. if you remove the side panels, you can access most of this dirt & get it draining again. don't be surprised if you pull out enough dirt to fill a 5 gallon pale, per side. also, that dirt will smell like absolute @$$!
Thanks! There are side access panels but nothing below. I was thinking about drilling drain holes.

bobbie-g

I don't know specifically about an S220, but I'd sure look more closely for two plugged drain holes. These should be visible from below the machine, just in front and slightly to the sides of the 2" x 10" plate covering the chain case and diesel tank drain bungs. Tough to see by looking in the side panels, especially if they're encrusted with dirt, debris, jetsam, flotsam, and detritus. --- And sorry about the prev blank post. I don't know how to edit a post. :) --- Bobbie-G

Latest posts