S220 Bobcat - Accelerator stuck (i.e. the "throttle" lever)

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

ylsf

Hello all, My accelerator was stiff when first used the machine this winter but I pushed it back and forth a bunch of times and it seemed to help. Today it was STUCK in the last position. I can hardly move it from where it was. I am wondering how to best determine if it it the cable itself that is the issue or the handle. I understand the handle has friction rings and also some kind of spring tension (learned via a youtube video). I don't want to break anything more or another part by trying to force anything so any suggestions would be appreciated. I am waiting for service on another issues (electrical problem) so I can get the tech to address it at the same time but I don't know when he will come and if it snows again I will need to use the machine before then so I can at least sort out the accelerator issue it will be one less headache. Thanks

OP
OP
Y

ylsf

Just a quick follow up on this. The cable ended up being jammed up/broken. Managed to grab the part for the tech and he came back the next morning and replaced it for me (non bobcat repair tech). Still have the electrical issues though :(

Tazza

Staff member
Just a quick follow up on this. The cable ended up being jammed up/broken. Managed to grab the part for the tech and he came back the next morning and replaced it for me (non bobcat repair tech). Still have the electrical issues though :(
Glad it was a simple repair, some use cables, others run steel rods and pivot points, they'd be far less prone to issues, but it is what it is.