S185

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

BillyDoug

Hello please help somebody tell me they have a s185 sitting around they can take a couple photos of something for me please pretty please I'll do what ever it takes well just about anything.

Tazza

Staff member
Hey Billy
I tried to reply to your email, but it bounced, I think your inbox might be full
What info do you need from the fuse box? I don't have a machine apart to show the back of it, but I may be able to help with info you need though.

OP
OP
B

BillyDoug

Hey Billy
I tried to reply to your email, but it bounced, I think your inbox might be full
What info do you need from the fuse box? I don't have a machine apart to show the back of it, but I may be able to help with info you need though.
Thanks for getting back to me and I think I emailed you from the wrong email that is full. Anyway so I have the wiring harness that runs to the fuse panel out along with the fuse panel. Electrolysis have taken a toll on my fuse panel. Some of the wires have corroded so bad that the ends of the wires where they enter the back of the panel have fallen off. I'm not sure witch slot to put them back in so that they can get the right relay or fuse to them. So the wires are colored coded and they also have four digit numbers on them from the factory. I had to cut every single wires end off and crimp new ends on and put the ones back into the slots that I was positive about them going into. Now I have several wires left that were out and I'm not sure where to place them back into on the back of the fuse panel. I'll send you the colors and numbers of the wires that I have not a clue where they go. Other words the ones that are left out as of now that couldn't place back because they had fallen out and I never seen where they went to. Also I can email you some photos real quick of what I'm working with so you can put your eyes on the prize!!! Again thanks so much for getting back to me

OP
OP
B

BillyDoug

Hey Billy
I sent you an email of photos and y it's a mess but it's actually really not to bad if I can get ahold of some photos of the backside or a diagram

Tazza

Staff member
I sent you an email of photos and y it's a mess but it's actually really not to bad if I can get ahold of some photos of the backside or a diagram
I tried replying to your email, it bounced still.

Wow, it really is a mess.
What's your serial number? see if i have a manual, you can then use it to work out what wires are what.

As long as you know your way around a soldering iron, i don't think it's as bad as it seems. I'm pretty sure all the red with a white stripe are common non switched power, but i'll need to check that.

Bobcat are pretty good with colours, orange is usually switched power, red/white common power from the main +ve terminal.

You sure have some work to do there, but i don't think it's un-doable. I worked on a 463 that had a bad fuse box, some fuse terminals were burnt out, so i replaced them with inline blade fuse sockets. Drilled holes where the legs used to be in the fuse box and ran the wires through it. Not ideal, but worked.

The best i can offer is a picture of the front of a fuse box, i can't pull the panel out of mine, as it was horrible to remove last time, i don't want to do it again.

Get me your serial number, and i'll see if i can help with a manual.

Tazza

Staff member
I tried replying to your email, it bounced still.

Wow, it really is a mess.
What's your serial number? see if i have a manual, you can then use it to work out what wires are what.

As long as you know your way around a soldering iron, i don't think it's as bad as it seems. I'm pretty sure all the red with a white stripe are common non switched power, but i'll need to check that.

Bobcat are pretty good with colours, orange is usually switched power, red/white common power from the main +ve terminal.

You sure have some work to do there, but i don't think it's un-doable. I worked on a 463 that had a bad fuse box, some fuse terminals were burnt out, so i replaced them with inline blade fuse sockets. Drilled holes where the legs used to be in the fuse box and ran the wires through it. Not ideal, but worked.

The best i can offer is a picture of the front of a fuse box, i can't pull the panel out of mine, as it was horrible to remove last time, i don't want to do it again.

Get me your serial number, and i'll see if i can help with a manual.
This may help....
https://knigaproavto.ru/shemy/en/bobcat/330-bobcat-s185-fuse-box-diagram.html
It will show where the fuses and relays go for different circuits. I do have a manual for an S150 on my google drive that i feel should be pretty close, if not the same as your machine. You will need to email me on an address i can reply to that isn't full to give you a link for it though.