S185 reversing camera

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

tays87

I am about to put a reversing camera with a 7" screen on a 2007 S185. Any suggestions on locations for both the screen and camera?

reaperman

Good question. If you do any kind of snow plowing you will want to keep the lens as high as possible. The machine I plow snow with in the winter is a Caterpillar with a factory camera. When driving the machine down the road, snow likes to build up on the lens. Which is located in the top center of the rear door, or just above the rear door, cant remember for sure. This camera has the option to turn on only when using reverse, or it can be left on all of the time. I found out the camera works better when its dark out vs daylight hours. Too much sun glare off the snow in the daytime makes for a pretty bright screen. I've never used this machine during the summer since its a rental.

jerry

Good question. If you do any kind of snow plowing you will want to keep the lens as high as possible. The machine I plow snow with in the winter is a Caterpillar with a factory camera. When driving the machine down the road, snow likes to build up on the lens. Which is located in the top center of the rear door, or just above the rear door, cant remember for sure. This camera has the option to turn on only when using reverse, or it can be left on all of the time. I found out the camera works better when its dark out vs daylight hours. Too much sun glare off the snow in the daytime makes for a pretty bright screen. I've never used this machine during the summer since its a rental.
I put one in my New Holland and mounted the camera top center on the back of the cab. I put the screen in a 1" angle iron frame that sits at about 30 degree angle just above steering stick height toward the front on the right side of the cab interior. That gets it out of the way and doesn't interfere with the view. Mine is on all the time that the key switch is on. In the winter daytime it is hard to distinguish between the roadway covered with snow and the banks on the side though. Keeps you from backing over kids, dogs and people who will always walk up behind when you are doing something.