S185 problems

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

JLDBobcat

Hello I have been having multiple intermit codes/problems on my S185 two speed with ACS. The most common code is 3250 Tilt cylinder short to ground. However once in a while get these also: 3239 Lift actuator not in neutral,or 3235 Tilt handle pedal not in neutral or 3249 Lift actuator short to ground. Low rpm's will cause the error to be more frequent. I ran it today for a few hours stacking round bales and only had the 3250 twice. I can't find a rhyme or reason to what causes the code to appear. I also think that I have some hydraulic valve problems because when I tilt all of the way back my Bobtach pins will start to engage. It seems like somewhere a valve is bleeding by. I also have no power turning while in high speed mode and it seems a little jerking going in and out of two speed mode. Any advice on any of the above problems is greatly appreciated.

7LBSSMALLIE

hate to say it, but a deairship code down load / the software version/ potted or non potted controller./ are where you need to start. and yes prepare yourself for the worst and hope for the best. dealearship will also run an actuator test. which will indicate a. reduced perforamce. or b. failed. ITS WHERE I WOULD START.

Tazza

Staff member
hate to say it, but a deairship code down load / the software version/ potted or non potted controller./ are where you need to start. and yes prepare yourself for the worst and hope for the best. dealearship will also run an actuator test. which will indicate a. reduced perforamce. or b. failed. ITS WHERE I WOULD START.
Sadly i do agree with 7lbssmallie, being a machine with hand controls, you do need special gear to program the computer for newer servos if required, they will also have better test gear to pin point the issue and not simply throw expensive parts at it.
I know it's not what you want to hear, but if the machine can be moved, you can take to the dealer and not pay for a call out.

OP
OP
J

JLDBobcat

Sadly i do agree with 7lbssmallie, being a machine with hand controls, you do need special gear to program the computer for newer servos if required, they will also have better test gear to pin point the issue and not simply throw expensive parts at it.
I know it's not what you want to hear, but if the machine can be moved, you can take to the dealer and not pay for a call out.
Thanks for the reply. I figured that it would have to go in but I thought it wouldn't hurt to ask you guys first. I'm going to call my dealer and schedule it for service on Friday. The machine stills runs and operates it's just intermittent problems that will eventually leave me stranded. I will update this post with the results from the dealer for others to use in the future when I know more. Thank You Again

7LBSSMALLIE

Thanks for the reply. I figured that it would have to go in but I thought it wouldn't hurt to ask you guys first. I'm going to call my dealer and schedule it for service on Friday. The machine stills runs and operates it's just intermittent problems that will eventually leave me stranded. I will update this post with the results from the dealer for others to use in the future when I know more. Thank You Again
thank you for the reply. and the update of how it came out. don forget now.

OP
OP
J

JLDBobcat

I drop it off at the dealer today stay tuned for updates.
Update: When the dealer drove it into there shop it coded out. They completed a software update, ACS calibration, and cleaned all of the grounds (not very dirty). They ran it as a yard machine for about 5hrs and had no codes. Since then I have put another 5 or more hours on it doing different types of work at different RPMs with no more codes. Total bill was $667.00 7 hours of labor and shop supplies. If the codes return I will post another update. Thank You all for your help.

Tazza

Staff member
Update: When the dealer drove it into there shop it coded out. They completed a software update, ACS calibration, and cleaned all of the grounds (not very dirty). They ran it as a yard machine for about 5hrs and had no codes. Since then I have put another 5 or more hours on it doing different types of work at different RPMs with no more codes. Total bill was $667.00 7 hours of labor and shop supplies. If the codes return I will post another update. Thank You all for your help.
Glad it's working, lets hope the problem is now solved with the update and cleaning of grounds.

OP
OP
J

JLDBobcat

Glad it's working, lets hope the problem is now solved with the update and cleaning of grounds.
Update: It's now been two months problem free. I not sure which one of the three things the dealer did but I can now confidential call it fixed. Thank You all