S185 not starting

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Blackroc86

2004 S185 with the keyless panel. It had been working fine up till this morning. When I went to start it, punched in the pw, waited for the glow plug then it made some odd electrical noises when pushing the start button. It did eventually start that time but now I get nothing on the panel at all. The battery has 14.2 volts. Where do I look for a bad connection or short?

OldMachinist

I'd start with the checking/cleaning both ends of the battery cables and other ground wires.

Wirenut2266

Thanks, I will start there.
Big boy fuse just above battery check as well. They seem to get very corroded. 14.2 volts across battery while running is fine, but sitting there I would suspect battery. I have NEVER seen battery voltage that high with alternator not charging it. Maybe simple as battery......

Bobcatdan

Big boy fuse just above battery check as well. They seem to get very corroded. 14.2 volts across battery while running is fine, but sitting there I would suspect battery. I have NEVER seen battery voltage that high with alternator not charging it. Maybe simple as battery......
Is everything dead in the cab? Will the headlighs or dome lamp turn on? These will turn on with the machine off. With volatge that high, I would load test the battery, I'm wondering if it has a bad cell.

7LBSSMALLIE

Is everything dead in the cab? Will the headlighs or dome lamp turn on? These will turn on with the machine off. With volatge that high, I would load test the battery, I'm wondering if it has a bad cell.
another thought that is often neglected (ExCECPT BY DEALER) dude when you change the oil the batt hits the ground . posts cleaned water checked. anti corrosion washers installed and sprayed,, I have found a direct correlation between this not being done and controoler faliure, ( same as starter) hi amp draw = failed components