S185 hand and foot. lift and tilt fade

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

cheesecurd

Gents have a high houred S185 hand and foot. Both tilt and lift functions settle rapidly while using. Doesn't settle when turned off with boom up so i'd say it's not internal cylinder leakage. next step is capping off boom over ride valve. any other ideas? load check valves? spools?

Bswwood

So you can operate lift and tilt from either hand or foot controls? This would be an AHC machine and has actuators at the control valve. Try a manual actuator calibration just in case they are both being held just off center but not likely going to help. Since both lift and tilt are dropping I would pull the spools and inspect for scaring.

OP
OP
C

cheesecurd

So you can operate lift and tilt from either hand or foot controls? This would be an AHC machine and has actuators at the control valve. Try a manual actuator calibration just in case they are both being held just off center but not likely going to help. Since both lift and tilt are dropping I would pull the spools and inspect for scaring.
it is not ach machine. it is standard old bobcat manual levers for driving and pedals for loader functions.

Bswwood

it is not ach machine. it is standard old bobcat manual levers for driving and pedals for loader functions.
Raise arms all the way up, install boom lock, raise cab and disconnect linkage from both spools, lower cab, start machine, press button and see if it still drifts. You just want to make sure spools are centering before pulling them out. Linkage could be out of adjustment holding them slightly off center. Probably not your issue but easy to check.

OP
OP
C

cheesecurd

Raise arms all the way up, install boom lock, raise cab and disconnect linkage from both spools, lower cab, start machine, press button and see if it still drifts. You just want to make sure spools are centering before pulling them out. Linkage could be out of adjustment holding them slightly off center. Probably not your issue but easy to check.
Another odd thing i noticed, when you curl fully and send bucket circuit over relief it raises booms. any ideas?

Mudd Flapp

cheesecurd did you ever find a solution? I'm having similar issues and curious what the fix was for you
Same issue here. Lift the arms and the slowly start falling. No external leaks. The arms do not fall if I raise them and lift the lap bar (or turn off the hydraulics). Only leaks down. If I tilt the bucket and lift the front off the ground, it holds just fine.