S185 drive belt & tensioner

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

farmboy555

Plan on replacing belts and whatever else needs to be done 2000 hrs. Someone has borrowed my repair manual ???? #1 any good online source for Parts other than dealer? #2 in all the years I've had bobcats never have changed the drive belt or idler Sure it's no big deal. Any pics or suggestions? Thanks for your help????

farmshop

Drive belt isn't terrible. 9/16 socket to loosen it up. Remember it's spring loaded so watch your fingers. Sometimes it's easier to take the tensioner all the way off to get belt on. Once belt is on find a good stout pry bar to pry on the tensioner to load the spring tension. While holding the tension on the spring tighten the bolt. There used to be a picture inside the rear door of the tensioner adjusting procedure. Just make sure you get the spring to move or you won't get it tight enough

OP
OP
F

farmboy555

Drive belt isn't terrible. 9/16 socket to loosen it up. Remember it's spring loaded so watch your fingers. Sometimes it's easier to take the tensioner all the way off to get belt on. Once belt is on find a good stout pry bar to pry on the tensioner to load the spring tension. While holding the tension on the spring tighten the bolt. There used to be a picture inside the rear door of the tensioner adjusting procedure. Just make sure you get the spring to move or you won't get it tight enough
Thanks I've located my repair manual I'm going to replace the tensioner also

farmshop

Thanks I've located my repair manual I'm going to replace the tensioner also
Probably not a bad idea if you can afford it although we usually get 4-5000 hours out of them. Bobcat gets close to 400 for a tensioner. Put the old one on the shelf and you'll never have a problem