S185 Cracked Head

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Contractor

Our oldest bobcat was overheating and had basically just been abandoned in our yard. I finally brought it into the shop and pulled the head. As Tazza has stated in other posts it most likely wasn't just a head gasket, it was cracked from he water jacket to the outside corner. I also pulled one bent pushrod out. Found a complete head online and upper gasket set. $ 840 for both. Im hoping it was a cocked valve guide in the old head that caused the valve to stick open and bump the piston. The pistons and bores look pretty good. But I'm having trouble locating a replacement push rod. I suppose Ill check with my dealer, but they are awful proud of the parts there :). Id post some pics if I could figure out how. Is there anything else I need to look for as to the cause of the bent push rod? Thanks ! Cole

flyerdan

According to the parts book, it has a Bobcat part number 6655176, there is a used one listed for $5.
It should have a Kubota V2003 series that has a pushrod part number of 19013-15110 Ebay has some, they're often the go to for hard to find items.

OP
OP
C

Contractor

According to the parts book, it has a Bobcat part number 6655176, there is a used one listed for $5.
It should have a Kubota V2003 series that has a pushrod part number of 19013-15110 Ebay has some, they're often the go to for hard to find items.
Thanks Dan! I did find a few on Ebay, also have the local Kubota dealer here trying to source one. If not eBay it is