S185-Belt Drive Replacement Question

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Clutch

S185-Kubota 2.0T I am preparing to replace the large belt drive on this Bobcat and I wish to know if you typically replace other parts at the same time suck as a Tensioner or Tensioner Pulley, etc.. Thank you for your suggestions.

OP
OP
C

Clutch

Typically I just do the belt. The tensioners are like 400 dollars
Hello Gents, I bought a new Drive Belt from a Bobcat Dealer and I have removed the Tensioner. Are they "serviceable"? Do you disassemble them for greasing? It spins freely by hand but feels "dry". Not like there is a sealed bearing inside. Also, are there supposed to be (2) bolts holding it in place? There was only one on mine but there appear to be two threaded holes in the block in vertical alignment. Thanks for your help and the reminder to re-check the tension after use since the belt will stretch and need retensioning.

OP
OP
C

Clutch

Hello Gents, I bought a new Drive Belt from a Bobcat Dealer and I have removed the Tensioner. Are they "serviceable"? Do you disassemble them for greasing? It spins freely by hand but feels "dry". Not like there is a sealed bearing inside. Also, are there supposed to be (2) bolts holding it in place? There was only one on mine but there appear to be two threaded holes in the block in vertical alignment. Thanks for your help and the reminder to re-check the tension after use since the belt will stretch and need retensioning.
EDIT: I have removed the Tensioner assembly which includes the cast mounting plate that is bolted to the block and has the Tensioner Pulley and external Flat Spiral Torsion Spring mounted to it. Thanks

OP
OP
C

Clutch

EDIT: I have removed the Tensioner assembly which includes the cast mounting plate that is bolted to the block and has the Tensioner Pulley and external Flat Spiral Torsion Spring mounted to it. Thanks
EDIT: Sorry I don't see how to edit my posts. The part I was calling a "Tensioner" is actually called a "Drive Belt Idler Assembly" and this is what I want to know if it should be greased: https://www.bobcatparts.com/engine-components/belt-tensioner-idler/6735884-drive-belt-idler-assembly.html

OP
OP
C

Clutch

EDIT: Sorry I don't see how to edit my posts. The part I was calling a "Tensioner" is actually called a "Drive Belt Idler Assembly" and this is what I want to know if it should be greased: https://www.bobcatparts.com/engine-components/belt-tensioner-idler/6735884-drive-belt-idler-assembly.html
The answer is that its possible to disassemble the belt tensioner pulley and I after having done so, I highly recommend it be done when replacing the Hydraulic Pump Drive Belt. The dust cap on mine was packed full of very fine dirt. Further disassembly can be performed with a snap-ring tool which allows further cleaning and re-greasing. I have a few photos if anybody wants them.

7LBSSMALLIE

IF IT FEELS ROUGH WHE YOU SPIN IT IT NEEDS TO BE REPLACED ANY WOBBLE BAD. DONT BOTHER WITH REBUILD SUCK IT UP REPLACE BELT AND TENSIOR. ONLY GOT TO DO IT ONCE. SHOULD LAST LIFE OF MACHINE

Tazza

Staff member
IF IT FEELS ROUGH WHE YOU SPIN IT IT NEEDS TO BE REPLACED ANY WOBBLE BAD. DONT BOTHER WITH REBUILD SUCK IT UP REPLACE BELT AND TENSIOR. ONLY GOT TO DO IT ONCE. SHOULD LAST LIFE OF MACHINE
I actualy had very good success rebuilding a tensioner for a 751 years ago, off the shelf bearing and a little lathe time to remove the wear marks from where the belt ran, i just smoothened the surface out. The only broken part was the steel pointer, i just ignored it and tightened the belt to the point that it felt tight enough and didn't slip.
I'd hate to know what they would sting me for a tensioner over here in .au, but i bet it wouldn't be pretty.