S185 auxiliary won’t close

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Johnnytr33

Gday All I've got a 2007 s185 that I bought from a friend with around 4000 hours Trying to get the power bobtach working that he removed, it has the pipes near the bobtach blocked off and changed to quick connects and operated off the auxiliary connections.. After replacing a seized up quick connect I can only get the power tach to open when toggling left on the right joystick. Toggling it right does nothing and doesn't labour the machine. So far I've cleaned stems and shuttle is moving freely, switched solenoids and stems, even when applying 12v to the rear solenoid with a battery pack whilst I sit in the machine I get nothing. Thanks in advance for any suggestions ????

foton

I woould guess If you are bypassing all controls by applying voltage to the solenoid and get nothing I would guess the part has got a open circuit in that solenoid, to test get a ohm reading from the one that works you should see the same reading or very close on the other one that you are having issues with ,make sure your grounds are good they are the other half of the circuit.

OP
OP
J

Johnnytr33

I woould guess If you are bypassing all controls by applying voltage to the solenoid and get nothing I would guess the part has got a open circuit in that solenoid, to test get a ohm reading from the one that works you should see the same reading or very close on the other one that you are having issues with ,make sure your grounds are good they are the other half of the circuit.
Yeah I thought the same, so I switched solenoids and both work fine pulling the stem on the front opening auxiliary using switch and direct power.