s175 opinions?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

jerry

I have been looking at a 2004 s175, anybody have any opinions good bad or otherwise on this machine? One thing I wonder about is the over 6000 lb weight on 10 inch tires, seems like it would leave ruts on softer ground or lawns. The s130 actually is all the larger I need now but ran across this one. It is no steal with only cab and heat for extras they want almost $18000, only 500 hours though. Thanks

skidsteer.ca

They could work on the price a a bit. Otherwise they are a good machine. Definite heavier and will rut a bit more on the 10" tires. Weight goes up almost 20 %. I really like the longer wheelbase of the s150 and larger machines, If I could get the higher lift capacity in a radial lift boom, I could do without all the extras pins on the boom.
Ken

OP
OP
J

jerry

They could work on the price a a bit. Otherwise they are a good machine. Definite heavier and will rut a bit more on the 10" tires. Weight goes up almost 20 %. I really like the longer wheelbase of the s150 and larger machines, If I could get the higher lift capacity in a radial lift boom, I could do without all the extras pins on the boom.
Ken
Thanks Ken, I have to get out and look more, the New Holland 160 or the Cat 216 would do just fine also, I don't like all the extra linkage either just more to wear and flex. Just need something average size That will lift around 1500 or little more or less