S175 lift function not working.

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

MagicMike

Hello I am new to this forum and was wondering if anybody might have any tips or recomend something to check that I may have missed.

I have a Bobcat S175 with ACS controller. It has software version 30.0.
It will lift the arms very very slowly and won't lower them. The tilt works fine in both directions. There is no codes present.

I switched the lift and tilt actuator plugs and then it lifts the arms fine but the tilt won't function.

I have checked lift handle sensor and it has its 5volts and the signal wire has 2.3vdc in neutral and when you move the handle the signal wire changes voltage and within spec and when compared to the tilt handle sensor its the same

I checked that the ACS controller is receiving the signal from the lift handle sensor and it is, and I am getting the same voltages as I do right at the sensor I also compared it to the tilt side and its is the same.

I also tested the resistance and continuity of the lift and tilt harnesses from the handles to the ACS controller and from the ACS controller to the lift and tilt actuators and compared them to each other and they are the same. No shorts or high resistance in any of the wires

I removed both actuators and checked the spools to make sure they are not binding in either direction. When I reinstalled the actuators I switched them and put the tilt on lift spool and lift on the tilt spool. There was no change the lift still wouldn't work.

The last thing I checked was the red and black wires from the ACS controller to the lift actuator motor and it showed a voltage in one direction and tries to run the motor but not in the other direction. So it seems to me that my ACS controller is bad but its wierd bc it doesn't throw a code.

I am hesitant to change out the controller bc its $1400.00cdn and I want to make sure i am not missing some thing.

ianmcolo

I just saw your post-glad you found your problem. Did you have the dealer install or did you do it?

OP
OP
M

MagicMike

I installed the controller myself and then did a manual calibration. Bobcat controllers used to come with the latest software but now they don't so you have to take it to the dealer to get it updated.

jsantos

yes bobcat is now notorious not only for overcharging on parts but also figuring out every possible way to get a dollar out of your pocket even on the older machines.

Latest posts