S175 bobcat parking brake sticks

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Ace

I have a bobcat S175 that I've owned for a number of years. When I bought it used from the bobcat dealer they told me that the parking brake sometimes sticks on despite it being released. If you nudge it forward or reverse a little bit it will make a clunk and release. I pulled the solenoid out and the lock mechanism and the lock mechanism looks fine. Is this a solenoid that is sticking or is it another problem?

brdgbldr

I think you could check the solenoid by putting 12 volts to it just to make sure it is working. It may be weak or possibly there is something causing the linkage to stick such as worn guides or wedge.

BWSpeck

I have S175 Bobcat that brake wont unlock it just started doing all of a sudden. Replaced solenoid and it still wont release. when bar is down and you push the button hydraulics release but No clicking noise as it always has done to release the brake. any suggestions ? i dont really want to permanently bypass brake. Fuses appear to be ok not sure about the relay in fuse box.

NinePine

I have a bobcat S175 that I've owned for a number of years. When I bought it used from the bobcat dealer they told me that the parking brake sometimes sticks on despite it being released. If you nudge it forward or reverse a little bit it will make a clunk and release. I pulled the solenoid out and the lock mechanism and the lock mechanism looks fine. Is this a solenoid that is sticking or is it another problem?
If the skidsteer moves even slightly after application of parking break the locking dog will have pressure on it. This is almost guaranteed if parking on any slope. The locking dog will not release until the pressure is removed. Gently creep the machine forward, or back to release pressure on locking dog and it will retract.