S175 Aux Hydraulic Problem

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

BSW

Replaced a hydraulic line on my snow plow and cannot get the cylinder to operate. Figured I had air in it so Cracked it open at the cylinder and very little fluid came out. Cracked it open at the coupler and nothing there even when I tried cycling it. Think I have air in the line between pump and coupler. How do you bleed this line? Or is there something I am missing? everything else, including the oppisite cylinder works. When I operate the cylinder in question it sounds like it is under pressure but no fluid? I have no owners manual and the decals are worn off the joy stick controlls but I am not sure where to go next. It is a bobcat brand plow. Any advice would be appreciated!

mrdeere1959

There is not anything to bleed. My question would be why the line blew? Could the cyl. be stuck. I have seen it happen alot on snow plows. Had one on an old truck and the first time of use every season would have to drive up against a tree and give it a bump. lol

OP
OP
B

BSW

There is not anything to bleed. My question would be why the line blew? Could the cyl. be stuck. I have seen it happen alot on snow plows. Had one on an old truck and the first time of use every season would have to drive up against a tree and give it a bump. lol
Broke the fitting on the coupler, and had to replace it.

OP
OP
B

BSW

Broke the fitting on the coupler, and had to replace it.
Took the fitting off at the cylinder and and moved the center toggle switch in the right hand poisition ( upper hydraulic hose) and it pulls engine down but no air or fluid is forced out. Operate oppisite direction works fine. Before I replaced hose both cylinders worked fine. The hose is not plugged up. Could there be a solenoid stuck or is there a problem in the toggle swith?

mrdeere1959

Took the fitting off at the cylinder and and moved the center toggle switch in the right hand poisition ( upper hydraulic hose) and it pulls engine down but no air or fluid is forced out. Operate oppisite direction works fine. Before I replaced hose both cylinders worked fine. The hose is not plugged up. Could there be a solenoid stuck or is there a problem in the toggle swith?
IF i understand what you are saying is that with the hose unhooked from the cyl. but hooked to the machine it pulls the engine down but nothing comes out. why would you think its a machine problem? sounds like a bad coupler. Have you hooked a flow rater up? even without hitting the toggle oil would come out of an unhook line.

OP
OP
B

BSW

IF i understand what you are saying is that with the hose unhooked from the cyl. but hooked to the machine it pulls the engine down but nothing comes out. why would you think its a machine problem? sounds like a bad coupler. Have you hooked a flow rater up? even without hitting the toggle oil would come out of an unhook line.
I picked up a new coupler and am going to install tommorrow and see if that is the problem, let you know what I find out.

OP
OP
B

BSW

I picked up a new coupler and am going to install tommorrow and see if that is the problem, let you know what I find out.
Okay, I replaced the hydralic coupler on the attachment and on the machine. When I talked to the dealer he seemed to think that was the problem. Well that changed nothing, took the hose off between the coupler and the cylinder to make sure it was clear it was. took the line off of the back of the bracket that holds the coupler, fired up the machine and at a idle moved the toggle switch the direction to opperate that line and fluid came out. Took the line off in front of coupler opperated the toggle and engine pulls down and no fluid. What am I missing here?

Tazza

Staff member
Okay, I replaced the hydralic coupler on the attachment and on the machine. When I talked to the dealer he seemed to think that was the problem. Well that changed nothing, took the hose off between the coupler and the cylinder to make sure it was clear it was. took the line off of the back of the bracket that holds the coupler, fired up the machine and at a idle moved the toggle switch the direction to opperate that line and fluid came out. Took the line off in front of coupler opperated the toggle and engine pulls down and no fluid. What am I missing here?
That's really weird....... Its as if the coupler is plugged somehow, but you replaced it.....
What about right after the coupler? does oil flow? if not, its still a coupler issue, if its firther down it could be the internal of the hose has collapsed and plugged the hose.

OP
OP
B

BSW

That's really weird....... Its as if the coupler is plugged somehow, but you replaced it.....
What about right after the coupler? does oil flow? if not, its still a coupler issue, if its firther down it could be the internal of the hose has collapsed and plugged the hose.
I took the hose off right past the coupler and no fluid. Took the hose off at both ends ( new hose) and no restrictions. Plan on starting from scratch tommorrow morn, swapping couplers lines whatever to figure this out. I have afriend who is heavy equipment operator stopping by to give his take on it, maybe he will see something I am missing. Just cant see both of the new couplers being bad. This should a simple fix, well it started looking like that.

OP
OP
B

BSW

I took the hose off right past the coupler and no fluid. Took the hose off at both ends ( new hose) and no restrictions. Plan on starting from scratch tommorrow morn, swapping couplers lines whatever to figure this out. I have afriend who is heavy equipment operator stopping by to give his take on it, maybe he will see something I am missing. Just cant see both of the new couplers being bad. This should a simple fix, well it started looking like that.
Took the new coupler apart and found a piece of plastic blocking the outlet. I should of taken it apart at first but didnt, I will next time. Thanks for the advice and support!

Tazza

Staff member
Took the new coupler apart and found a piece of plastic blocking the outlet. I should of taken it apart at first but didnt, I will next time. Thanks for the advice and support!
Glad you got it sorted out, something so simple yet so frustrating.