Rotary broom for snow removeal.

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

skidsteer.ca

I have a customer enquiring about a rotary broom for removeing snow around train tracks and switches, and just snow removal in general.
I have never had the oportunity to use one. However I can't see a 32" diameter broom being too effective at romoving snows of any real depth. I'm thinking 25% of the diameter or 8" would be about it?
When doing a parking lot , the windrow would become a problem too?
Dry snow would be easier, but wet snow would also become problematic.
Anyone use one of these for snow?
Thanks
Ken

BPS

I think bobcat has a video of this under one of their snow attachments. I can't imagine it would work well, unless it was a dry powdery snow only a few inches at the most. Just my opinion, though.

Skid Steer Solutions

I think bobcat has a video of this under one of their snow attachments. I can't imagine it would work well, unless it was a dry powdery snow only a few inches at the most. Just my opinion, though.
We actually sell more rotary brooms in the winter than the summer. If you get on the snow right away, they are great at getting right down to the base. If you wait too long, they bog down. You need a powerful one for deeper wetter snow. Not all brooms are created equal. Make sure the motor is adequately sized. A good broom can throw the snow.
Here is a snap of one that we sell.
www.skid-steer-solutions.com/Photos/heavy_duty_snow_removal.JPG