Roller suspension vs fixed

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

MT

Hi Gang, I am looking at T590-T595's. What is the consensus on the roller suspension? Is it a noticeably better ride or traction in rough surfaces? What about durability and maintenance? I mainly move snow and maintain some long hunting trails. Thanks!

Tazza

Staff member
I have no experience with them, but i have seen videos, they seem to give a better ride, but i fear that roller vs fixed amy not last as long in harsh conditions.

rodbuilder

If you buy a track loader without a suspension system on it you are NUTS. Personally I wouldn't have a Bobcat track loader if you gave it to me!! The only one i'd have is an ASV, or it's newer brother, Terex. Go to Youtube and look for" Bobcat T190 versus ASV and watch the video!! NO comparison!!! Plus with the ASV you won't have all that (cough!!) "safety" crap that a Bobcat has on it. New Holland and Gehl wheel loaders rule the roost when it comes to wheel loaders, but they don't even make their own their track machines - Takeuchi makes them!!!!! You're gonna be REALLY ticked off if you buy a Bobcat track loader, then go drive and ASV!!! By the way....... that ASV has a Perkins diesel in it. Perkins was bought out by cat several years ago! And I know for a fact that Cat tracks will fit on it, and so will the joysticks!!!! Anything but a Bobcat is SO much easier to work on than a Bobcat!!!!!

rodbuilder

If you buy a track loader without a suspension system on it you are NUTS. Personally I wouldn't have a Bobcat track loader if you gave it to me!! The only one i'd have is an ASV, or it's newer brother, Terex. Go to Youtube and look for" Bobcat T190 versus ASV and watch the video!! NO comparison!!! Plus with the ASV you won't have all that (cough!!) "safety" crap that a Bobcat has on it. New Holland and Gehl wheel loaders rule the roost when it comes to wheel loaders, but they don't even make their own their track machines - Takeuchi makes them!!!!! You're gonna be REALLY ticked off if you buy a Bobcat track loader, then go drive and ASV!!! By the way....... that ASV has a Perkins diesel in it. Perkins was bought out by cat several years ago! And I know for a fact that Cat tracks will fit on it, and so will the joysticks!!!! Anything but a Bobcat is SO much easier to work on than a Bobcat!!!!!
............PS: When the bogeys go bad you can buy aluminum bogey rollers off the net. I forget the name but you'll find them! They're bulletproof!!

Latest posts