Rockaway rake issues

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

demodan

howdy all, I have a 74" Rockaway rake I bought from an auction. its missing the top drive sprocket from hydro motor. I was wondering if anyone would know what size/tooth sprocket I will need, the lower one is a 24 tooth. there are plenty of shops in my neck of the woods (detroit) but need help!! I believe its less than 24, any help would be greatly appreciated!!

OP
OP
D

demodan

Otherwise know. As a Rock Picker!! Need help please any rock picker attatchments should be kind of the same when it comes to the gearing ratio.

Hotrod1830

Otherwise know. As a Rock Picker!! Need help please any rock picker attatchments should be kind of the same when it comes to the gearing ratio.
If it where mine, I would get the correct chain or belt and measure. You should be able to get close with a hypothetical measurement.

OP
OP
D

demodan

If it where mine, I would get the correct chain or belt and measure. You should be able to get close with a hypothetical measurement.
i can get the correct sprocket and chain from the manufacture but they are out of state and want over $200 for both plus shipping!! if i had an idea i could go right down the street and buy both from general bearing supply and save $100!!

Hotrod1830

i can get the correct sprocket and chain from the manufacture but they are out of state and want over $200 for both plus shipping!! if i had an idea i could go right down the street and buy both from general bearing supply and save $100!!
Welcome to the world of heavy equipment parts. Either spend $200 and know it's right, or spend $100 and hope it's right. Honestly, $200 isnt bad. At least you dont have to pay sales tax...

OP
OP
D

demodan

Welcome to the world of heavy equipment parts. Either spend $200 and know it's right, or spend $100 and hope it's right. Honestly, $200 isnt bad. At least you dont have to pay sales tax...
I have had new sun gears machined and hardened from scratch,I'm not new to heavy equipment or machining. And not in a hurry. And dont really consider skidsteer heavy equipment. Thanks for the reply tho. I found the previous guy who had the contract to build them he gave me specs and I found the same gear for $26.00. Five miles away!! You might want to consider doing the same when it comes to parts. The dealer just puts their name on it then people like you waste their $$

SkidRoe

I have had new sun gears machined and hardened from scratch,I'm not new to heavy equipment or machining. And not in a hurry. And dont really consider skidsteer heavy equipment. Thanks for the reply tho. I found the previous guy who had the contract to build them he gave me specs and I found the same gear for $26.00. Five miles away!! You might want to consider doing the same when it comes to parts. The dealer just puts their name on it then people like you waste their $$
Looking at MDS's website, they advertise free product literature. I would assume that would include a parts manual. You may be able to discern the sprocket size from that. They state that the chain is #80. BTW - Since one sprocket and the chain were missing, probably should change the remaining sprocket so you have all new - FWIW. Cheers - SR

OP
OP
D

demodan

Looking at MDS's website, they advertise free product literature. I would assume that would include a parts manual. You may be able to discern the sprocket size from that. They state that the chain is #80. BTW - Since one sprocket and the chain were missing, probably should change the remaining sprocket so you have all new - FWIW. Cheers - SR
yes good idea on changing both sprockets skidroe, i didnt/couldnt find any info on literature they sent me a pdf file on parts list, but list has only pics and the pics do not show number of teeth, like i stated earlier i obtained info from previous dealer, but he said #60 chain! and website says #80!!!! ??????? if you happen to stumble on info links id greatly appreciate it. I bought this at an auction last summer and put it on the back burner, well now I have time to mess with it, so im not in huge rush but its on my loader now for lifting and rust removal work so im getn er dun!! thanks!!!

SkidRoe

yes good idea on changing both sprockets skidroe, i didnt/couldnt find any info on literature they sent me a pdf file on parts list, but list has only pics and the pics do not show number of teeth, like i stated earlier i obtained info from previous dealer, but he said #60 chain! and website says #80!!!! ??????? if you happen to stumble on info links id greatly appreciate it. I bought this at an auction last summer and put it on the back burner, well now I have time to mess with it, so im not in huge rush but its on my loader now for lifting and rust removal work so im getn er dun!! thanks!!!
I didn't really find anything, there was a video on Youtube, that's about it. If you plug it into your machine and run the motor, how fast does the shaft spin? Listening to the video and watching the end of the rotor shaft, it looked like it was spinning between 120-180 rpm, but I may be way off. FWIW - SR