Riddle me this…

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Good Afternoon Ladies and Gents,

So question, why with some skid steers you get auto level on the way up, but not on the loader arm going down? Cat offers this on all their models, 259D3, 279D3, 289D3 and 299. Deere has autolevel on the way up, but none of their models have autolevel on the down.

JCB has it on their 270T on up, the 3T offers both down and up. Just curious what the logic here is.

mroy0404

That's a good question, I have a brand new 2023 Bobcat T450 with auto level going up but no going down. I thought it was broken at first, who would engineer something like that.

mroy0404

That's a good question, I have a brand new 2023 Bobcat T450 with auto level going up but no going down. I thought it was broken at first, who would engineer something like that.

brdgbldr

The only reason that I can think of is that the engineer designed it for only buckets lifting and dumping a load or forks lifting a load. Some engineers have no common sense… I worked with many for over 30 years and they would never listen to experienced people until there design failed. We would get new engineers all the time that would make the exact same mistakes as the one they replaced even when we would tell them that it had been tried and failed before.

Latest posts