Richie Brothers

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

perry

Tomorrow, auction in Atlanta, Richie Brothers. Went by this morning and lots of fairly good stuff, I don't know if you guys are familiar with 'versatech' (spell) attachments but, they are some of the cheapest I've ever seen. No way they have any longevity. Nuts and bolts for pivot points instead of pins and bushings!. Last year people were paying big buck for that cheap stuff, couldn't believe it??.

Tazza

Staff member
Figures, ppl go nuts at auction some times and pay more than you can buy them new in the shop!

skidsteer.ca

Figures, ppl go nuts at auction some times and pay more than you can buy them new in the shop!
That and I think many people who attend auctions are not used to shopping online. They know what the dealer wants and some low end mfg can throw their stuff in a sale like this and get more then they could online. The guys thinking man the grapple is going cheap so he jumps in and ends up with a piece of mild steel that only looks like a grapple until you use it once.
Ken

OP
OP
P

perry

That and I think many people who attend auctions are not used to shopping online. They know what the dealer wants and some low end mfg can throw their stuff in a sale like this and get more then they could online. The guys thinking man the grapple is going cheap so he jumps in and ends up with a piece of mild steel that only looks like a grapple until you use it once.
Ken
Just got back, picked up a 62'' (new) rock bucket for $500 and two attachment plates. One very good deal I saw were two ditch witch backhoe attachments, $1500 each, wish I been a little quicker and bid on one. Making and adapter for my 853 didn't look that hard?.

skidsteer.ca

Just got back, picked up a 62'' (new) rock bucket for $500 and two attachment plates. One very good deal I saw were two ditch witch backhoe attachments, $1500 each, wish I been a little quicker and bid on one. Making and adapter for my 853 didn't look that hard?.
That is a good buy on the hoes for sure. Any of them could be adapted with a bit of work.
A rock bucket has the rods in the bottom to let the dirt fall through? We call them rod, if its what I'm thinking and 500 cheap for that too.
Ken

OP
OP
P

perry

That is a good buy on the hoes for sure. Any of them could be adapted with a bit of work.
A rock bucket has the rods in the bottom to let the dirt fall through? We call them rod, if its what I'm thinking and 500 cheap for that too.
Ken
Yes it was Ken, The last I priced were around 800-1000. Mine has 3/8 plates turned sideways.