Reverse hydraulics on forestry mulcher

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

I have a 2006 T250. High flow hydraulics with case drain.
I recently got an entry level Forestry mulcher (drum style).

On the upper left control panel of the machine I select "maximum flow" and also "high flow". If I select "high flow" only, nothing works.

I depress the trigger on the right joystick and it turns the mulcher continuously. I depress the trigger a second time and it shuts the mulcher off. So far so good.

when I use the toggle switch on the right joystick, I move the switch to the right for temporary movement of the mulcher, release it and the mulcher stops. Again, so far so good.

But when I toggle the switch to the left, it is supposed to rotate the drum in reverse to clear up jammed limbs, etc. The hydraulic lines "jump" as if it wants to rotate the drum in reverse but nothing happens. It's like it has a brake on it.
There are no valves on the mulcher to direct hydraulic flow

All my filters are clean, the fluid level is correct.

I've tried switching the flat face couplers on each hose. No luck.
I've tried selecting "variable flow" and only "maximum" without selecting "high flow" at the same time.

I'm sure it's something I'm not selecting or not doing right. I don't think it's an issue with the mulcher or skid steer.

Any advice for this newbie? Thank you in advance

Lowe.Buuck

The mulcher motor may have a check valve preventing reverse rotation or there is a check valve somewhere on the attachment.

reaperman

It sounds like a check valve also. However, if your machine is suppose to have the ability to reverse direction it shouldn't have one. I know my brush cutter does have a check valve. Is there another attachment you own to test the direction? Otherwise if you could take the end off of one of the hoses and turn on the aux then test pump the fluid into a bucket