Reto fit AG aux fitting for flatface on a 743

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

PEVO

Who knows the specs on these? Not knowing chit about hydraulics sizes fittings etc. what should be the correct size treads to convert my old AG couplings to flatface? Being ignorant i bought some 1/2np off amazon.....NO FIT...too small mmm ok got 3/4in np .......NOPE too big Also realized threads are SAE not NPT soo ordered 5/8 SAE Are these going to fit?......or am i SOL again?

flyerdan

It's highly unlikely that you'll find a direct replacement. Looking through the online parts catalog, there are different part numbers for the tubes that go to the aux fittings for the standard and high flow, probably due to the difference in diameter and thread sizes.
There should be an adapter union on your machine, (45K7 item 5 in the breakdown), that goes between the supply tube and the coupler.
If you could get that off and take it to a hydraulic shop with whichever flat face coupler you'd like to use, they might have one that will allow the two to work.
I've noticed that OEM part sellers are pretty cagey about not supplying pertinent info, like threads on couplers so you can't find a similar that don't have their brand on it. Your OEM coupler numbers 6598757 and 6598758 are easily findable online, but there is no technical info on them, other than what they fit originally.

craigb93

It's highly unlikely that you'll find a direct replacement. Looking through the online parts catalog, there are different part numbers for the tubes that go to the aux fittings for the standard and high flow, probably due to the difference in diameter and thread sizes.
There should be an adapter union on your machine, (45K7 item 5 in the breakdown), that goes between the supply tube and the coupler.
If you could get that off and take it to a hydraulic shop with whichever flat face coupler you'd like to use, they might have one that will allow the two to work.
I've noticed that OEM part sellers are pretty cagey about not supplying pertinent info, like threads on couplers so you can't find a similar that don't have their brand on it. Your OEM coupler numbers 6598757 and 6598758 are easily findable online, but there is no technical info on them, other than what they fit originally.
Do like flyerdan says and remove the whole fittings you have. They will be JIC flares on the bulkhead portion and a straight thread w/ O-ring seal on the other end for the actual coupler. Take it to a hose shop or tractor dealer and you can probably match up the FF coupler you need and retain the bulkhead portion of your old fitting. I bought two sets that way for my 742. If you buy the whole FF coupler it does not have the bulkhead nut and thus no way to mount it short of fabbing a new bracket. My setup uses the original bracket. -Dick

OP
OP
P

PEVO

Do like flyerdan says and remove the whole fittings you have. They will be JIC flares on the bulkhead portion and a straight thread w/ O-ring seal on the other end for the actual coupler. Take it to a hose shop or tractor dealer and you can probably match up the FF coupler you need and retain the bulkhead portion of your old fitting. I bought two sets that way for my 742. If you buy the whole FF coupler it does not have the bulkhead nut and thus no way to mount it short of fabbing a new bracket. My setup uses the original bracket. -Dick
i guess 3 is the charm. i ordered 5/8SAE flat face from amazon...since realizing the threads were not tapered pipe treads and 1/2 was too small, 3/4 too big. Anyway i took the old AG fitting to the local hydraulic shop to have them decide what i had...and ill be damned...they are 5/8 SAE. threads with o ring ate the base. Finally i guessed right.