Restoring Bobcat 632

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Judah

Hi all, I just purchased my first skid steer: Clark 632 Bobcat. First line of business is to address a major leak from the hydraulic system. I was able to drive the machine when the hydraulic reservoir was full and the cylinders all worked well with no visible leakage. I pulled the chain case drain/fill plug and removed an excess 10 quarts of oil.
So my first question is: does that necessarily mean that there is a problem with one or both of the drive motors? Or is there another way hydraulic oil could be leaking into the chain case?

A follow up question regarding the removal of the drive motors: I have removed the transmission covers and it looks as though there are no brake discs. Could that be causing a problem with how the seals are functioning?

Lastly, I am in contact with a Bobcat distributor who claims the inline filter of the port block is no NLA… I haven't pulled it yet but am assuming it is dirty or clogged. Does anyone have a suggestion for where I can find a replacement? Or is the a good way to clean it?

Thank you for your consideration, glad to be a part of this community.

Judah

brdgbldr

Hi all, I just purchased my first skid steer: Clark 632 Bobcat. First line of business is to address a major leak from the hydraulic system. I was able to drive the machine when the hydraulic reservoir was full and the cylinders all worked well with no visible leakage. I pulled the chain case drain/fill plug and removed an excess 10 quarts of oil.
So my first question is: does that necessarily mean that there is a problem with one or both of the drive motors? Or is there another way hydraulic oil could be leaking into the chain case?

A follow up question regarding the removal of the drive motors: I have removed the transmission covers and it looks as though there are no brake discs. Could that be causing a problem with how the seals are functioning?

Lastly, I am in contact with a Bobcat distributor who claims the inline filter of the port block is no NLA… I haven't pulled it yet but am assuming it is dirty or clogged. Does anyone have a suggestion for where I can find a replacement? Or is the a good way to clean it?

Thank you for your consideration, glad to be a part of this community.

Judah
If the excess oil removed from the chain case was clear, then you most likely have a bad motor carrier seal. If it looked oil looked milky, then it may just be that a lot of water got into the chain case.

The brake disks have nothing to do with seals.

As for the filter you should look at the parts catalog yourself. Here is the link:
Enter your serial number and the search "filter" and look at the hydrostatic pages. I noticed that there are two different filters listed for that part. One is NLA, the other, 6558357, bobcat has listed as out of stock but there is a picture of it on the parts ordering site that you could compare the old one too:
shop.bobcat.com
Normally when two part numbers are listed like this one will replace the other. In this case I think they may have gotten rid of the separate gasket on the original one, but comparing the two is your best bet.

If the newer filter does not work then you can probably add an in-line filter.

Latest posts