Replacing tires on s150 skid steer

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

clydesdale

I have one brand new tire that came as a spare. It is a "power king" and I am considering purchasing 3 more and replacing the tires myself. I have watched some youtube videos and it looks like people are able to de-bead and re-bead the tires using tire spoons. Any thoughts on doing this myself? How about the "power king" brand? Thanks for any tips or advice.

reaperman

I'm not familiar with power king brand. I've always found it harder to remove a tire from a rim than putting one on. If the old tires are junk, I'd probably use a old skill saw and cut it off. As for getting the new tire to bead on, I use carb cleaner (or ether) and a torch. Naturally, this isnt the proper/safest way to bead a tire, but it does work.

OP
OP
C

clydesdale

I'm not familiar with power king brand. I've always found it harder to remove a tire from a rim than putting one on. If the old tires are junk, I'd probably use a old skill saw and cut it off. As for getting the new tire to bead on, I use carb cleaner (or ether) and a torch. Naturally, this isnt the proper/safest way to bead a tire, but it does work.
Ok, thanks. I may purchase one of those cheetah tanks to quickly inflate the tire and seat the bead. How do you guys feel about camso Brand Tires? I may go for the sks 753 tires.

farmshop

Ok, thanks. I may purchase one of those cheetah tanks to quickly inflate the tire and seat the bead. How do you guys feel about camso Brand Tires? I may go for the sks 753 tires.
Mounting tires can go pretty good. You may need a way to break beads either a big hammer or a high lift jack and chain works. As for tire irons you should have 2 preferably drop center ones. Use a lot of lube and take little bites. Make sure if you have different bead depths you work from the shorter side.

OP
OP
C

clydesdale

Mounting tires can go pretty good. You may need a way to break beads either a big hammer or a high lift jack and chain works. As for tire irons you should have 2 preferably drop center ones. Use a lot of lube and take little bites. Make sure if you have different bead depths you work from the shorter side.
ok, thank you. I was originally looking for another "power king" tire. But, I spoke with them and they discontinued the particular "new" tire that I have. So, it will always be an odd ball. So, I will just get 4 new ones and I am leaning towards the Camso SKS 753. There are not a whole lot of reviews on skid steer tires out there. I am surprised by that. But, of the limited reviews I could find, it seems this brand of tire is pretty stout. I will start getting the tire irons off the internet and most likely a Cheetah. Otherwise, I am looking at $200 to mount the 4 tires at a local shop. That will just about cover the tools and then I will be prepared for any flats, mishaps or the next set of new tires.

[email protected]

ok, thank you. I was originally looking for another "power king" tire. But, I spoke with them and they discontinued the particular "new" tire that I have. So, it will always be an odd ball. So, I will just get 4 new ones and I am leaning towards the Camso SKS 753. There are not a whole lot of reviews on skid steer tires out there. I am surprised by that. But, of the limited reviews I could find, it seems this brand of tire is pretty stout. I will start getting the tire irons off the internet and most likely a Cheetah. Otherwise, I am looking at $200 to mount the 4 tires at a local shop. That will just about cover the tools and then I will be prepared for any flats, mishaps or the next set of new tires.
i put the SKS 753s on my bobcat. best tires i have ever owned. snow traction is awesome. not sure it its cold where you live. they are self cleaning too which is nice. i actually bought them on EBAY for just under 1100 shipped on brand new rims, so i have 4 spares. i thought it was a great deal since they were 200 a peice installed.

OP
OP
C

clydesdale

i put the SKS 753s on my bobcat. best tires i have ever owned. snow traction is awesome. not sure it its cold where you live. they are self cleaning too which is nice. i actually bought them on EBAY for just under 1100 shipped on brand new rims, so i have 4 spares. i thought it was a great deal since they were 200 a peice installed.
I purchased the Camso 753 tires and the tools to break them down and install them. I am very pleased with the traction. The machine is much more usable now.