Replacing timing belt on Deutz 1011 engine

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

bobbie-g

Just changed the timing belt on the Deutz 1011 engine in my 863. My first belt was changed at 900 hrs in 12 yrs; this time it was 900 hrs in 7 years (recommended interval is 3000hrs or 5 yrs). The job wasn't too bad, as sstec, 7lbssmallie and others have said in earlier posts, and I would rate myself on the low side of a moderately experienced mech, but a bit above a beginner. I got the kit and tools (rental) from EPU.com, which worked out acceptably, but next time I'll go with Northern Tool and Equipment for the belt kit (assuming it's a Deutz product) and the rental tools. See their super video at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ae13eR-I1rU I have a fair assortment of tools (sockets, wrenches, funny stuff), and this job required some odd tool combos which caught me by surprise. About a 6 hr job over a few days; might have done it in 4 hrs all at once, but I moved carefully. If anyone decides to do it, I can send along my notes, lemme know at RMGHORM at gmail dot com. :) ---Bobbie-G

Tazza

Staff member
Good to know it's not too hard of a job. I'd assume access is the worst part of it.

BC873G

Hi, can you just post your notes here to this thread so everyone will have a reference in the future?

Thanks.

sstec

I did it the hard way once as well. I've done a few more since for others. Don't worry about how long it takes, as long as it is right. When EPU sent me the Deutz instructions I was floored, compared to what bobcat had in their service manual. Glad to see some sharing and pay it forward is helping out others. sstec

OP
OP
bobbie-g

bobbie-g

I did it the hard way once as well. I've done a few more since for others. Don't worry about how long it takes, as long as it is right. When EPU sent me the Deutz instructions I was floored, compared to what bobcat had in their service manual. Glad to see some sharing and pay it forward is helping out others. sstec
My notes are pretty verbose and rambling, with some pix thrown in. Best if I email them to those interested. And the Northern Tool video is very good. :) ---Bobbie-G

OP
OP
bobbie-g

bobbie-g

My notes are pretty verbose and rambling, with some pix thrown in. Best if I email them to those interested. And the Northern Tool video is very good. :) ---Bobbie-G
And Tazza, the access really isn't too bad on my 863, much easier than I thought it would be. :)

7LBSSMALLIE

yes pretty simple maintance item good for you my friend. you checked the book and got the right tools. now you know how to do it. GOOD JOB . lets see this thing reset the hr meter when they hit 10 grand it goes to zeroe, the 1011f if properly maintained.will surprise

TractorShaft

Thanks for sharing your experience! I will watch video and send you an email from my "G" gangster mail account :) Thanks again Jerry

Latest posts