Removing hydraulic lines on my M-444

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

mrfixer

I am about to remove the hydraulic hard lines inside the engine bay of my M-444 skid. The motor is out and I want to do a good job cleaning and then painting the inside of the engine bay. I plan on labeling everything carefully as I go along. Is there anything tricky in there to be aware of - springs, check valves, little parts that may be lost as I dismantle these conduits? Lemme know, plz.

Attachments

• hydro_lines.jpg
    hydro_lines.jpg
    401.3 KB · Views: 43
OP
OP
mrfixer

mrfixer

Does anyone know if the hose in the middle of the picture above (under the manifold, running behind the Jack shaft) is under high pressure? Looks to me like a return line back to the pump. Need to replace that hose and am wondering what rating hose I should ask for in NAPA.

Last edited:
OP
OP
mrfixer

mrfixer

My unit came with an auxiliary kit installed. The hard lines both terminate in a quick connect style fittings. One of them was spring-loaded with a plug in it, and it came out fine, the other (pictured) looks like a cap that screws on but I'm not sure. I can't get it off that fitting. Am I correct in thinking it's a threaded cap?

Pioneer Hydraulics, Inc. is what's stamped on there.

Attachments

• aux_stuck.jpg
    aux_stuck.jpg
    221.2 KB · Views: 33
  • aux_stuck2.jpg
    aux_stuck2.jpg
    235.5 KB · Views: 36
OP
OP
mrfixer

mrfixer

I'm attaching a pic of both of the connectors on the unit - the fitting in question is on the bottom of this photo.

Attachments

• aux1.jpg
    aux1.jpg
    293.4 KB · Views: 36

haymaker

I had rubber plugs in both of mine on my old skid steer.
Couplers looked a bit different than those but that could be the manufacturer.
If you have equipment that uses them great, otherwise just replace them. Anything you rent probably won't use that style.

OP
OP
mrfixer

mrfixer

I had rubber plugs in both of mine on my old skid steer.
Couplers looked a bit different than those but that could be the manufacturer.
If you have equipment that uses them great, otherwise just replace them. Anything you rent probably won't use that style.
Thx for the info. I've been scouring the internet trying to find that same kind of coupler... never seen anything close to this. It finally came off with great pains to reveal rust and more rust, including the ball at the end, so will probably end up replacing anyway.

OP
OP
mrfixer

mrfixer

Removed the hard lines and the hydraulic pump.... so I can scrape, clean and paint the engine bay.

Attachments

• hard-lines2.jpg
    hard-lines2.jpg
    360.8 KB · Views: 35
  • hard-lines3.jpg
    hard-lines3.jpg
    340.3 KB · Views: 36
  • pump_after.jpg
    pump_after.jpg
    337.5 KB · Views: 33

Latest posts