Removing a Bobcat 843 Hydraulic Reservoir

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

ajwgator

I have a Bobcat 843 that has a cracked hydraulic reservoir. I was hoping someone could share any tips on removing the reservoir. It seems to be packed in pretty tight under the left frame well. Wondering if anyone has repaired a crack on a metal Hydraulic Reservoir while it is still installed in the machine. The crack that I see is on the side of the tank and I will loose two plus quarts of oil from there when I fill it up to full. I leaks sitting still and when I'm using it. Any insight is greatly appreciated.

OP
OP
A

ajwgator

I have a Bobcat 843 that has a cracked hydraulic reservoir. I was hoping someone could share any tips on removing the reservoir. It seems to be packed in pretty tight under the left frame well. Wondering if anyone has repaired a crack on a metal Hydraulic Reservoir while it is still installed in the machine. The crack that I see is on the side of the tank and I will loose two plus quarts of oil from there when I fill it up to full. I leaks sitting still and when I'm using it. Any insight is greatly appreciated.
Well after reading through a number of 843 repair threads and some of the great pictures in those it looks like the best bet is to remove the engine and fan shroud. From those pictures it appears that the oil tank may be removed out the back of the machine. What do you guys think?

csm843

We took it out the top once you lifted the cab. Then to a radiator shop where they soldered it up.