Remove hydraulic oil tank on 240 john deere skid steer

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Digg50

I was operating my 240 in a field when the hydraulics went dead. I filled the tank until it showed full, started it back up but still no hydraulic power. Then I saw all the hydraulic fluid there in the grass. I opened the cab but no fresh oil was showing under that area. Then after filling it the second time, I saw oil dripping from the machine into the grass. So as near as I can tell, there seems to be a leak at the bottom of the tank because the oil is basically just pouring right through the tank to the ground. I've had the machine for several years, there's app 2k hrs on it. Has anybody ever had a similar problem? Have you ever had the hydraulic tank removed? Thanks for your help!

Tazza

Staff member
I'd think you'd have to have a massive crack or split to not be able to hold enough oil to get the machine to move.
It does sound like it's loosing a lot of oil, but hopefully not fast enough for you not to be able to move it somewhere you can work on it.

rodbuilder

Hey doofus - YOU'RE ON A BOBCAT FORUM!!! Why don't you ask them about the engine in your Chevy truck as long as you're already here?