Relief valve cost estimate

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

uffda

Does anyone know how much time and cost for the dealer to check out the relief valves on the hydrostatic pump. My 743 really strains and other members have said the relief valve spring gets weak or is broken.

brdgbldr

Does anyone know how much time and cost for the dealer to check out the relief valves on the hydrostatic pump. My 743 really strains and other members have said the relief valve spring gets weak or is broken.
I had my local Bobcat dealer come to me since I needed the Bobcat software. They charged me $160 an hour with travel time for a field tech to come out. They charge $140 an hour in shop and it is first come first serve.

That may seem like a lot but most dealer car mechanics charge $180 plus to work on a car.

OP
OP
U

uffda

I had my local Bobcat dealer come to me since I needed the Bobcat software. They charged me $160 an hour with travel time for a field tech to come out. They charge $140 an hour in shop and it is first come first serve.

That may seem like a lot but most dealer car mechanics charge $180 plus to work on a car.

OP
OP
U

uffda

I don't suppose the average guy could replace the springs or is there special tools and tests that have to be done?

brdgbldr

I don't suppose the average guy could replace the springs or is there special tools and tests that have to be done?
There are no special tools needed.

I suggest looking at the parts catalog for your specific machines serial number and look at the relief valves on the hydrostatic pump.

Find the parts numbers and make sure that the parts you need are still available. Or contact your local dealer and see if they can get them.