RC-60 Maintance Issue

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

pyanke

I have an RC-60 and it was working great and then suddenly the hydraulics locked up. I shut the machine down and found the engine oil was low, added oil and turned the key, but there was no attempt to start on the machine's part. I have check all of the fuses, when I turn the key back I can hear the glow plugs buzzing, but nothing when I turn the key. Any ideas what might be wrong?

Tazza

Staff member
You sure don't have much lick with skid steers, you mentioned your 763 isn't starting in another thread now the RC-60, i think you must be cursed! :)
I would start by checking where power is going, check the starter relay and see if power is going in and not out. From what you mention about the hydraulics locking you out sounds more like a protection device but most will let the machine start but then shut down after a preset time to try and save the engine or hydraulics.
I assume you don't have any error codes or lights?

OP
OP
P

pyanke

You sure don't have much lick with skid steers, you mentioned your 763 isn't starting in another thread now the RC-60, i think you must be cursed! :)
I would start by checking where power is going, check the starter relay and see if power is going in and not out. From what you mention about the hydraulics locking you out sounds more like a protection device but most will let the machine start but then shut down after a preset time to try and save the engine or hydraulics.
I assume you don't have any error codes or lights?
I will do some more trouble shooting and yes I think I am cursed. I also have a Massey Fergeson tractor that is in the same state as the skid loaders. I may go back to horse drawn equipment!

6x6man

I will do some more trouble shooting and yes I think I am cursed. I also have a Massey Fergeson tractor that is in the same state as the skid loaders. I may go back to horse drawn equipment!
You said that your hyd locked up and then you shut it down and now won't start. We're you running an attachment at the time? If you have the hyd flow switch turned on, it will not start until the switch is returned to the neutral position (the one on the overhead console, not the momentary push button on the joystick.) I'm glad I read my manual or I would have had this problem ;')