quick intro

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Danno

Greetings, I just ordered a new S-650 last week, can't wait to get it. I previously had a B3030 compact Kubota but my needs have evolved to this point. I am sure I will have questions soon as I have already acquired an almost new FFC blower that I am planning on using on this unit and finding I am going to have to get creative to mate to the Bobcat 7-pin. Any thoughts on this would be welcomed.

Bobcatdan

I don't think using the 7 pin will work. The 7 pin is used with bobcat attachments. The attachment has its own controller and it talks to the bobcat via the 7 pin. The skidsteer actually knows what is on front of it and adjust its controls accordingly. To use an aftermarket blower, I'd look to see if the attachment can be ran using a 14 pin. 14 pin is as close to a standardized connector as you will. Once you can make the blower 14, I'd add the 14 pin kit to the skidsteer. Easiest way I see doing it.

OP
OP
D

Danno

I don't think using the 7 pin will work. The 7 pin is used with bobcat attachments. The attachment has its own controller and it talks to the bobcat via the 7 pin. The skidsteer actually knows what is on front of it and adjust its controls accordingly. To use an aftermarket blower, I'd look to see if the attachment can be ran using a 14 pin. 14 pin is as close to a standardized connector as you will. Once you can make the blower 14, I'd add the 14 pin kit to the skidsteer. Easiest way I see doing it.
Thanks Dan, that is pretty much what the dealer was telling me but I wanted a second opinion. That being said, if it is not a Bobcat attachment and does not have a 7-pin, I should not try to get to creative to make things work. I think as far as the blower, I will put the controller box in the cab and try to remove the switches from it and mount them to the joysticks somehow with longer wiring. Once I get the machine, I think I can fabricate a switch housing to mount to each handle. I have used this blower with a Case skidsteer but only with the controller box---Thanks again

bobcatguy

Thanks Dan, that is pretty much what the dealer was telling me but I wanted a second opinion. That being said, if it is not a Bobcat attachment and does not have a 7-pin, I should not try to get to creative to make things work. I think as far as the blower, I will put the controller box in the cab and try to remove the switches from it and mount them to the joysticks somehow with longer wiring. Once I get the machine, I think I can fabricate a switch housing to mount to each handle. I have used this blower with a Case skidsteer but only with the controller box---Thanks again
If the attachment uses 14 pin you can buy a 7 to 14 adapter. I've had customers in the past get them and they said it worked. I've never personally used one.