Questions about OTT's

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Rookie

I have about 20% tread left on my evenly worn tires. Would it be advisable to install OTT's on those tires or should I purchase new tires? What kind of life could I expect from OTT's vs. just new tires? Thanks.

wirenut

hey rookie, good question......I have the same question and the same predicament......looking at the design the way the OTT fits over the 2 tires it doesn't look like it matters how much tread is on them........unless the inside of the tack has to grip on good tread, but the way it boxes over on the sides, I don't think so......hoping somebody answers your question that has actual experience......at 1500.00 for the OTT setup lets hope they say you can put them over worn tires

Odyknuck

hey rookie, good question......I have the same question and the same predicament......looking at the design the way the OTT fits over the 2 tires it doesn't look like it matters how much tread is on them........unless the inside of the tack has to grip on good tread, but the way it boxes over on the sides, I don't think so......hoping somebody answers your question that has actual experience......at 1500.00 for the OTT setup lets hope they say you can put them over worn tires
I would think that you would not want to use good tires for the OTTs as they will ware the tire lugs quickly. My buddy has two sets of tires/rims. One new one Boloney skins for the OTTs.

OP
OP
Rookie

Rookie

Odyknuck, I understand the logic there and it makes sense. You actually have more contact area with the worn tires too. Unfortunately I just bought a set of new tires, but kept the old ones. Now I'll be shopping for a set of wheels I guess.