Put in new lawn.

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

cdmccul

Wow! Woohoo! Looks great!

I need a tiller and sprinkler... My dogs deteriorated the lawn in one section, down to nothing. But there are roots, so tilling is going to be a PAIN.

That looks really nice. Seed, or sod?

OP
OP
S

Schifference

Thanks! Hydroseeded two weeks ago this past Friday. Every time I look at the yard it looks better.
I bought hydroseeder and a real nice trailer. Figured would sell hydroseeder after I was done. Using the hydroseeder to water twice a day.
Guy I bought it from recommeded putting down 100# of Tri-Rye with drop spreader then 20 bags of lime. Then I went thru 5 300 gallon tanks with 25 pounds of three different seeds. Used Athletic/Park, Tri-Rye, and Tall Fescue. The supplies were ordered by him thru a wholesale company.
At first I thought I overpaid for the seed because I saw it cheaper at Tractor Supply. Then I was scrutinizing the seed and the seed I purchased is 100% seed and the Tractor supply seed is 50% coating. So all said and done I got better seed for less money.
All in all 225 pounds of seed on about 8500 square feet.
He told me the rye would sprout in 5-10 days and the other seed could take up to a month. So what I see now is only the rye seed.
I think it is going to look real good when done.

cdmccul

I went and looked this morning, and I finally have some sprouts. Just a few. But I just used seed and grass clippings from my neighbor who fertilized a lot. Haha

It's just a small area.

Congrats! I'd like to see a ln update when the rest of the grass grows in.