Purchasing a used CTL

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Andy Lee

Hello forum members. I'm in the process of making a decision on purchasing a used low hour ctl (under 1000 hrs). My previous experience is limited to a few hundred hours on a Bobcat T250 and a Takeuchi TL8. Also a bit of time on an older Gehl wheeled skidsteer. I was very impressed with the Takeuchi TL8 in terms of power/force and durability. That said I've found sound really good deals in the lower 48 on Yanmar/Gehl/Mustang 175/1750...210 and 250 models. I've heard conflicting information on who owns who as well as parts crossover. Are the newer yanmar any good? Quality and durability are very important on my list. It will be used in a gravel pit, building roads, logging/milling lifting and misc homestead tasks. Have it narrowed down to Kubota svl75(maybe95) Yanmar 1750(Gehl mustang eqiv) and Tak tl8(though I see a couple tl10s and a tl12 in my price range) Any input would be greatly appreciated. If I've left out any details please ask. Thank you for sharing your knowledge and time.

OP
OP
A

Andy Lee

Found a nice 600 hour Yanmar T175....Been reading some owner comments on various forums.....Im a bit Leary of them now lol. Something tells me to stick with Takeuchi...or maybe Kubota. Any thoughts???

Latest posts