Pulling S130 Engine

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

AkNasty

I have a 2007 S130 with just under 600 hrs. The Bobtach valve on the side of the hydraulic pump started leaking and I noticed two of the four bolts holding it to the side of the pump have sheered the heads off and one is completely missing. Never leaked until this last snow removal use and it is parked inside so I would have noticed a slow leak as I open the door before every use to check oil and there was no oil on the floor. Since it is next to impossible to get a hand on it let alone a wrench I will need to pull the motor to get access to it. I have the service manual and it makes it seem like the motor and pump need to come out as one unit. It would be a lot less work to just pull the engine, is this possible? Thanks in advance for any help.

Tazza

Staff member
Generally the motor and pump come out as one unit. Removing the hydraulic lines will make a mess, but it's far easier for access.

mmsllc

Generally the motor and pump come out as one unit. Removing the hydraulic lines will make a mess, but it's far easier for access.
agreed. while it sucks to pull it as a unit, it will be a thousand times easier to install the new pump(s) with the engine out of the machine. it will also serve as a good time to replace the hyd fluid, as well. it is so important to drain that complete system as best as possible as often as possible.

Latest posts