PT100G joysticks non responsive

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

easttxram

I was moving some brush today with my PT100G and switched into high range, then a couple of seconds later the machine quit moving. Everything works except the joysticks. Machine won't move and the arms won't respond. Like you flipped a switch. Or blew a fuse. Had to remove the door to get out. Tried killing it and restarting-no change. No weird noises like a hard part broke or anything. I'm at a loss. Don't even know where to begin looking. It's got to be electrical. The parking brake will release but the joysticks are just non responsive. I'll take any advice.

OP
OP
E

easttxram

Update. A friend of mine works in the shop at the dealership and he brought me an output module and a main controller to plug up and see if either was my problem. No luck. Still giving the "Loss of communication between output module and main controller". Checked the harness at the controllers and it looks ok. Anybody had this happen before? I'm stumped.

Tazza

Staff member
Update. A friend of mine works in the shop at the dealership and he brought me an output module and a main controller to plug up and see if either was my problem. No luck. Still giving the "Loss of communication between output module and main controller". Checked the harness at the controllers and it looks ok. Anybody had this happen before? I'm stumped.
The good way of looking at it is, you now know it's not the controller, the most expensive part. It has to be a wire? just somewhere you can't see.....
Can you talk to their service department and see if they have any ideas?

The good way of looking at it is, you now know it's not the controller, the most expensive part. It has to be a wire? just somewhere you can't see.....
Can you talk to their service department and see if they have any ideas?
I am new on here and not a professional. Just trying to clarify, what are you referring to as the output module? Is this the safety solenoid that cuts the flow through the controller? I have the manual, just trying to understand where you are in the process and whether you are getting output from the solenoid to the controls.

OP
OP
E

easttxram

I am new on here and not a professional. Just trying to clarify, what are you referring to as the output module? Is this the safety solenoid that cuts the flow through the controller? I have the manual, just trying to understand where you are in the process and whether you are getting output from the solenoid to the controls.
Output Module is the smaller of 2 electronics boxes found below the battery on Terex PT 100G. If I understand correctly, it and the main controller actually control the hydraulics. They interpret the control inputs and control the flow and rates. Or something like that. I know I've yet to track down the problem and I'm beginning to consider trading as soon as I get it moving-before some other electrical problem occurs. If I don't have to replace that $3000 chassis wiring harness.

togetkevin

Output Module is the smaller of 2 electronics boxes found below the battery on Terex PT 100G. If I understand correctly, it and the main controller actually control the hydraulics. They interpret the control inputs and control the flow and rates. Or something like that. I know I've yet to track down the problem and I'm beginning to consider trading as soon as I get it moving-before some other electrical problem occurs. If I don't have to replace that $3000 chassis wiring harness.
Did you ever find the problem? I'm Dealing with the same issue.

martinoamy

Did you ever find the problem? I'm Dealing with the same issue.
You might look at Can bus resistors (terminators).

On the display ohms between Pins three and four that's the yellow and black wire I believe should read 60 ohms. If the ohms are 120 then one of the can bus terminator resistors on either end is no good. There is one behind the display panel . Looks like a connector that terminated right there. Mine has 3 red dots. Open it up and check resistance between the pins in the cap. Mine also had a sticker that said can bus 0.

The other end is below the controllers below the Batteries . There should be an 1.5" x 6"
Plate there but mine is gone and there there are two more terminators. 0 & 1. Check those.

Check those both of my lower ones read 0L. Meaning an 'open'.

2 resistors in parallel will read 1/2 the resistance of the parallelled resistors

Sutton

I have a RC 50, my experience is with this machine. I have realised that a lot of these machines are pretty similar, meaning i think this might help you. It can be either electrical or a hydraulic fault. First is to know if its an electrical issue(cheapest and easiest fix). I quick way to know if all electrical equipment is functioning as it should, is to go to the pilot control block. On my machine its to remove the centre bottom skid plate to get to it. My pilot valve has 4 electro magnet solenoids on it. 2 of these solenoids(single separately connected on the pilot valve) is safety engagement and the second DA hydraulics activation. Both energized on the same cable at the same time. Either put a test light or multi meter on the removed leads or remove the solenoids with cable and use a steel screw driver on the inside to see if they activate/magnetise. If you lower your in cab bar, door and seat switch (Safety devices) then they should magnetise or should energized those solenoids. If they do activate then you have no issues with an electrical fault. if they dont then its electrical from fuses relays door switch bar and seat switch in that order as possible faults. If the solenoids do activate then its a hydraulic issue. Start by removing the spool valves those 2 solenoids connect to on the pilot valve to see if they are free and working as they should. The spool valves get jammed easy with only slight contamination in the system. Either one of them jammed will stop the complete system as like in your case.

martinoamy

I own a PT100G . See my post about loss of communication between display and controller.
Our machine runs on can buses. The buses connect to the output controller and the main controller.

If your terminators fail (they are resistors (120 ohm) and look like connectors with nothing attached). then the communications to whatever you're controlling will also fail. Easy to check with multimeters. Either end should read 60 ohm at plugs.

When dealing with ASV the troubleshooting steps are first check all your fuses in the upper right portion of the cab then find your terminators for your different controls and find where they hook into the plugs.
The can buses will have a black and red wire.
One is the high (think the red mine was 2.5v)
Other is the low (2.4v).

Check all that first

Latest posts