Product review Titan Attachments 36 inch Pallet Fork Grapple.

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

dstroup58

Product review Titan Attachments 36 inch Pallet Fork Grapple. Spoiler alert, I do NOT recommend this product or company, read on for details why. I found this product to be made of inferior materials and was forced to submit the following warranty claim on September 18, 2022

After less than two hours of use, picking logs off a pile and transporting them some 100 feet to where they were being cut for length and split, there was a catastrophic failure of the main three-inch support tube. While clamping a log already supported by the fork, the cylinder pressure ripped the bracket off the main support tube as shown in the two attached photos. The grapple was not being used to lift or hold the weight of the log, the forks handled that weight without difficulty. The square tube used simply could not hold up to the force exerted by the cylinder in a simple clamping motion. Please advise on how this can be made right. I will withhold feedback and or reviews pending resolution of this issue

Several weeks later, not having received more than platitudes that they were working on a solution, I suggested that rather than shipping this defective item back and forth across country I suggested that I could repair the item and soon receive this response.

We sincerely apologize for the long wait on this matter as our product management support is still assessing your concern. You have mentioned that you got a repair quote amounting $450? can you send that to us?

Finally, after nearly a month, I got this response.

The product management support has decided to send you a full replacement. Kindly fill out the details below to schedule the pick-up of the defective item.

Not caring to replace one inferior product with another, I decided to go ahead and repair the under engineered support tube with one that will hold up to any job I wish to do. Titan Attachments expressed no interest in following through on any settlement other than replacement. Hopefully this review will save someone else from undergoing a similar disappointing experience.

Wayne440

To me, offering to replace the grapple was a reasonable response. That is much better than getting a "learn how to use a grapple, and you won't break it" response.

Hotrod1830

I agree. They offered a full replacement.
Whats not to say that they know the product should'nt have failed based on product history, and they were confident a replacement would have rectified your complaint and problem.
Usually companies that sell China junk are quick to offer cash to make the problem go away.
I have ordered from titan before. No problems, but it has only been pallet forks and quick attach plates.
If its not too late, I say get your replacement grapple and see what happens

Azhayseed

I have several Titan attachments for my skid steer. I have only had 1 issue, that was a defective Hydraulic coupler that wouldn't latch on to the male fitting, it was jammed from dirt, my fault for not replacing the dust cap when it broke off. I figured this brand to be Chinese junk, so when possible I ordered the heavy duty attachments. I found all of the attachments to be made with heavy steel, adequately welded and I'm happy with the purchases I've made from them!

foton

A friend of mine bought the titan fixed backhoe attachment yeah it is kinda lightly built and has gotten loose quicker than a person would like but he developed a cylinder leak after about 1 hr of use , they sent him a new cylinder that one failed too so they sent another it lasted for awhile and failed, so they are trying to take care of their customers. The good side the cylinders were a easy o ring fix so we have extras now. So really the issue was with their cylinder vendor for poor assembly quailty control.

Gervs

I purchased a set of pallet forks from them last year. They sent me a 3-point hitch plate instead lol. I called their customer service number, and they were super polite very apologetic. My forks shipped that day. The next day the wrong part was picked back up and no longer in my way. The forks arrived in like 4 days; I think. My experience with them is that they try hard to stand by their products and have good customer service. I would give them the chance to make it right.