Press to Operate

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

bobcatbrian

How do you override the "press to operate" button on a newer s-250k? A dealer told me it was possible but wouldnt tell me how. I think all functions should activate after you put the seat bar down. I dont see the point of pushing another button to activate the unit. Its kind of a pain in the ass.

thetool

Hey Brian, whoever told you that was full of BobScat.....=). The first BICS machines with the seat sensors worked that way, but the seat sensors were a pain and they made a kit to by-pass the seat sensor, making it so you had to push a button.
Now, since the G-series(and your K-sereis) there is no way to do what you want without building a completely new machine harness and eliminating the controller. Or hacking the controller and building a new program.
Everything is tied to the controller, and it wants that button pushed before it lets you do anything.

OP
OP
B

bobcatbrian

Hey Brian, whoever told you that was full of BobScat.....=). The first BICS machines with the seat sensors worked that way, but the seat sensors were a pain and they made a kit to by-pass the seat sensor, making it so you had to push a button.
Now, since the G-series(and your K-sereis) there is no way to do what you want without building a completely new machine harness and eliminating the controller. Or hacking the controller and building a new program.
Everything is tied to the controller, and it wants that button pushed before it lets you do anything.
We came up with a simple solution. There is a switch in the arm bar. We just bought a new switch and mounted it on the cab right where the plug for the switch is located, just under the arm bar hinge. I think I had to drill a hole, im not sure. I ran a 3/8" bolt through the switch and cab, rotated the switch to the closed position, tightened the mounting bolt, and switched the new plug with the arm bar switch. I does interfere with fully opening the window. WARNING: THIS WILL BYPASS THE LOCKING SAFETY FEATURES OF THE BICS SYSTEM! ALL LEAVERS AND PEDALS WILL HAVE FULL FUNCTION WHEN ENTERING AND EXITING THE MACHINE WITH THE ENGINE RUNNING.