post showing up in strange places

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

jerry

When I posted in the mustang forum it also came up in general repair but not the body of the post. Also at the about the same time the displayed forum was way to wide for the screen and had a slider bar on the bottom. is this just a firefox problem? Now it is back to normal with a slider on the bottom but not really needed. thanks for any explanation.

Tazza

Staff member
I too have been having problems with posts showing up really wide and having to scroll left to right so i can read posts.....
I haven't had any problems with posts going to the wrong sections though.

owensge

I too have been having problems with posts showing up really wide and having to scroll left to right so i can read posts.....
I haven't had any problems with posts going to the wrong sections though.
Are you both using Firefox? Usually something in the text does not allow the words to wrap properly. Can you point me to some specific posts?

Tazza

Staff member
Are you both using Firefox? Usually something in the text does not allow the words to wrap properly. Can you point me to some specific posts?
No, Firefox refuses to work for me so i have to use internet explorer.

OP
OP
J

jerry

I do use firefox and the post in the wrong place is gone now, it was just the title and it showed as a current post but nothing was there when I tried to open it. Everything is fine today if it shows again I will take more notice of it.

owensge

I do use firefox and the post in the wrong place is gone now, it was just the title and it showed as a current post but nothing was there when I tried to open it. Everything is fine today if it shows again I will take more notice of it.
Yep, I fixed the blank subject...
Mike, are you talking about posts that are just in the wrong place or posts that you've created that ended up in a place that you did not want? Between myself, tazza and ken, we try to move these posts to their proper areas when time permits. I'm planning to spend some time on this in the next few days...

Thanks for your input...

mllud

Yep, I fixed the blank subject...
Mike, are you talking about posts that are just in the wrong place or posts that you've created that ended up in a place that you did not want? Between myself, tazza and ken, we try to move these posts to their proper areas when time permits. I'm planning to spend some time on this in the next few days...

Thanks for your input...
Owensge
The post has nothing there when you go to it. The actual post that was made ends up in a different forum.
This happen once when one of my posts was moved.The username stayed on the original post. So when you went to that post there was nothing there.it had been moved! I did see the same thing on another post that had been moved.I dont know if these are all posts that have been moved and the username stays behind.
I should have worded it better in my previous post. I uderstand the moderators work hard keeping things square. Everyone involved does a great job. Thanks for the Forum. Mike

mllud

Owensge
The post has nothing there when you go to it. The actual post that was made ends up in a different forum.
This happen once when one of my posts was moved.The username stayed on the original post. So when you went to that post there was nothing there.it had been moved! I did see the same thing on another post that had been moved.I dont know if these are all posts that have been moved and the username stays behind.
I should have worded it better in my previous post. I uderstand the moderators work hard keeping things square. Everyone involved does a great job. Thanks for the Forum. Mike
Sorry : what happen in Jerrys case . also was the case for several days after a post was moved.The posts I made in one forum ended up in another.I dont know if Jerry has recently had a post moved. Could be related.

OP
OP
J

jerry

Sorry : what happen in Jerrys case . also was the case for several days after a post was moved.The posts I made in one forum ended up in another.I dont know if Jerry has recently had a post moved. Could be related.
No Mike, I haven't had any others move like that. It was posted in one forum and appeared there and also the title in another one. It wasn't anything to really complain about. My only complaint is that this forum is slightly addictive to the point that when I turn the computer on it is usually the first thing looked at. I have learned a ton of useful information and used quite a bit. I was wondering if anyone else had a problem reading past posts from years back. When I began working on my hydro pump I reread sterlclan's thread on how he did his pump and after a couple pages got a error page. Do the archives get deleted after time? jerry

mllud

No Mike, I haven't had any others move like that. It was posted in one forum and appeared there and also the title in another one. It wasn't anything to really complain about. My only complaint is that this forum is slightly addictive to the point that when I turn the computer on it is usually the first thing looked at. I have learned a ton of useful information and used quite a bit. I was wondering if anyone else had a problem reading past posts from years back. When I began working on my hydro pump I reread sterlclan's thread on how he did his pump and after a couple pages got a error page. Do the archives get deleted after time? jerry
Jerry
Its also not something that happens often enough to be a disruption in any way.I only pointed it out to make the moderates aware thats its happening.If you look down a few posts down on this Forum I had it happen a while back.I thought it may be somehow connected to posts that were moved. I did have a past experience that the same sort of issue came up when a post was moved. This Forum is easier to get around than most ive seen. Mike

owensge

Jerry
Its also not something that happens often enough to be a disruption in any way.I only pointed it out to make the moderates aware thats its happening.If you look down a few posts down on this Forum I had it happen a while back.I thought it may be somehow connected to posts that were moved. I did have a past experience that the same sort of issue came up when a post was moved. This Forum is easier to get around than most ive seen. Mike
Got it thanks.. I need to know this kind of info... I will take a look at the "move" functionality see if I can get a handle on this....

owensge

Jerry, we don't archive any posts, so you should be able to see all posts from the beginning.