Place for a shovel

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

rumrunner

Has anyone come up with an idea to strap or tie on a shovel? Would be nice to carry a scoop or push shovel around, to clean up the small areas that you cant reach when plowing snow. Some of my customers are seniors and it is nice to do " the small stuff" for them.

OldMachinist

I haven't needed to carry a shovel around but sometimes when I'm filling and leveling my 1/2 mile long driveway I throw a rake on top of the cab with a bungie cord.

siduramaxde

I haven't needed to carry a shovel around but sometimes when I'm filling and leveling my 1/2 mile long driveway I throw a rake on top of the cab with a bungie cord.
What about some bungee cords on the lift arms. Seems like it would work.

brt

What about some bungee cords on the lift arms. Seems like it would work.
I bungee a short shovel diagonally across the grill behind the cab. A few pieces of wire through the grill make for good bungee attaching points. A bonus is that the shovel is always warm and snow-free when you go to use it.

OP
OP
R

rumrunner

I bungee a short shovel diagonally across the grill behind the cab. A few pieces of wire through the grill make for good bungee attaching points. A bonus is that the shovel is always warm and snow-free when you go to use it.
I took my avalanche shovel off of my snow machine. It has a quick release telescoping handle. Fits neatly behind the seat, I tried the side arm thing, too much movement with the arms. I might look at the back grill idea for a larger shovel.

Fishfiles

I took my avalanche shovel off of my snow machine. It has a quick release telescoping handle. Fits neatly behind the seat, I tried the side arm thing, too much movement with the arms. I might look at the back grill idea for a larger shovel.
you could take a couple of old bearing races or a 1/2 " wide piece of pipe and tack weld it to the side the machine and slide it in

jklingel

you could take a couple of old bearing races or a 1/2 " wide piece of pipe and tack weld it to the side the machine and slide it in
ditto with the bungies and shovel on the roof. i went to wrapping the bungies around the shovel once, too; lost a shovel last year.

Latest posts