Pintal rod Seals 453

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Katoh

Hi Friends I have had a trouble with oil leaking badly out from the pintal rods on the hydro pump. I went to my local bobcat dealer and ask for two new Pintal shaft seals. Only thing they are only available on their own but in a full pump re-seal kit. No problem I buy the kit but me in OZ they also said there is nothing in OZ so you need to remove the the seals and match them after-market. Personally if If I need to buy the kit so be it, simply leaves me with sparers for the future. Looking through the manual I cannot find this kit, If somebody has a part number for the kit can they please let me know, then I can search for a kit and order it. thanks

Tazza

Staff member
Contact loader parts source, they will have the seals you need.
Where on oz are you located? there are seal shops over here that can hopefully get the seals you need. I'm in Brisbane and deal with a shop here for 99% of my seals.

OP
OP
K

Katoh

Contact loader parts source, they will have the seals you need.
Where on oz are you located? there are seal shops over here that can hopefully get the seals you need. I'm in Brisbane and deal with a shop here for 99% of my seals.
Hi Tazza Im in the A.C.T I tried my local Clark dealer down here only to be told it was a kit only part and there are no kits in Oz. I was told to remove the seals and go to a bearing shop to match them up, I much prefer if I remove the seals to replace them with the correct ones there and then. Has anyone else had trouble with leaks from the pintal rods? Cheers Katoh

Tazza

Staff member
Hi Tazza Im in the A.C.T I tried my local Clark dealer down here only to be told it was a kit only part and there are no kits in Oz. I was told to remove the seals and go to a bearing shop to match them up, I much prefer if I remove the seals to replace them with the correct ones there and then. Has anyone else had trouble with leaks from the pintal rods? Cheers Katoh
My wife and I visited the ACT a few years back to see the science centre :)
Really, no kits here? hmmmm either they are full of BS or they are letting their parts inventory slip.
Contact loader parts source, i'm sure they will have seals, they shhip to here without issues.

Arik434

Hello, I had a problem on an old bobcat 440 last year where I had an unidentified air leak into my hydraulic system. Long story short, the pintle seals were bad. Strangely, it did not leak any oil out, but definitely sucked air in. As soon as I replaced them, my problem went away immediately. Anyway, I was in the same position as you. The dealer quoted me several hundred dollars for a full seat rebuild kit...which I don't even remember if he was able to get or not. I think that I ended up buying them through ebay or amazon or something for about $20. It was a 5 minute job to replace them. When I get home tonight, I will see if I dig through my old info to find the part numbers for you. Arik