Picked up 773- Best way to test Aux hydraulics?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

rtrm17

Hi All, I just picked up a 2000 773G in good shape, needs a few things. It's been repainted and the best I can tell is the front aux ports have probably never been used. What is the best way to test the aux hydraulics? I do have hydro pressure gauges. That'd tell me if I have the correct pressure, but not sure how well it'd tell me if the controls work. The service manual is a bit light on diagnostics. I don't yet have any need to rent or buy an attachment. Though in my area bedrock isn't far down and I'd love to get a hammer attachment to improve drainage where the backhoe just scraped bedrock... that's a bit pricey... especially if aux don't work. Just curious if anyone has a good trick how to verify that the untested aux works or not, without spending too much. Thanks!

foton

ask friends if they have a extra 2 way hydro cylinder laying around and just add enough hose for a hook up and operate your remote valve you could plumb in a tee for a pressure gauge, look up model # to find out gpm of remote circuit and that I would tell you all you need. or borrow a attachment for a test.

Wayne440

Trailer your machine to the nearest place that rents hammers, then slip the guy a $20 to hook one up for 10 minutes.

reaperman

If you had one hydro hose with a fitting that would plug into either of the two aux ports you could do a simple test. Connect the hose to the machine, and have someone hold the open-ended hose into a big bucket. Push the green button to engage the aux hydro. Now, depending on which aux port your hose is plugged into, you would pull the right hand side trigger to start the flow. If nothing happens, the right hand side thumb paddle will reverse the hydraulic flow direction, flip the paddle to the left. Fluid should start flowing out of the hose, be prepared to stop by using the right side finger trigger once again. Once the aux hydros are engaged, the right side finger trigger is what turns the flow on and off. The thumb paddle dictates the direction of flow. By default, once the trigger is pulled, the flow for most attachments are plumbed for the flow to match the machines default flow. A auger attachment is common one where both flow directions are used. If I remember right, when the trigger is pulled, the default pressure flow comes from the larger aux port and the return is the smaller port. The thumb paddle can switch the flow.

OP
OP
R

rtrm17

If you had one hydro hose with a fitting that would plug into either of the two aux ports you could do a simple test. Connect the hose to the machine, and have someone hold the open-ended hose into a big bucket. Push the green button to engage the aux hydro. Now, depending on which aux port your hose is plugged into, you would pull the right hand side trigger to start the flow. If nothing happens, the right hand side thumb paddle will reverse the hydraulic flow direction, flip the paddle to the left. Fluid should start flowing out of the hose, be prepared to stop by using the right side finger trigger once again. Once the aux hydros are engaged, the right side finger trigger is what turns the flow on and off. The thumb paddle dictates the direction of flow. By default, once the trigger is pulled, the flow for most attachments are plumbed for the flow to match the machines default flow. A auger attachment is common one where both flow directions are used. If I remember right, when the trigger is pulled, the default pressure flow comes from the larger aux port and the return is the smaller port. The thumb paddle can switch the flow.
Thanks!! All great ideas. I have a 1980 JD 310 backhoe. I just replaced a stabilizer cylinder that was beyond repair. I could use the old cylinder for a quick test, no load. Also have to replace a few hoses on both pieces of equipment, so while I'm doing that I'm thinking if I hooked up to one of the stabilizers, that could tell me if it works and how much force it applies... JD310 is also 13,000 lbs, not sure how much the stabiliers take not the full 13k lbs. Think that would be a good way to test? Or would that be too much strain for the BC? I could also hook up to a cylinder on the boom if the stabilizer would be too much, would that be safer? The only other concern is the JD has Tractor Supply Universal Hydro fluid- would a few ounces left in the cylidner cause any issue if it mixed into the BC hydro system? https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/traveller-premium-universal-tractor-trans-hydraulic-fluid-806391?store=1119&cm_mmc=organic_feed-_-GoogleShopping-_-Product-_-806391&utm_source=Shopping&utm_medium=ECOMM&utm_content=Feed&utm_campaign=Core&cid=Shopping-ECOMM-Core--33&gclid=CjwKCAjwoNuGBhA8EiwAFxomA6gTBEKB3zqsKzSsNPDLkgBOtxEtZhAFRaOECLt2OJZcpwCsqe3jahoCy1EQAvD_BwE