Paint color

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Anyone know when did omc change its paint color from green to yellow. I have a 440 that has green under the yellow. Both look factory. Doesn't look as if there were decals on it when it was green unless they placed the same stickers exactly over the old ones. Also my serial number plate isn't readable. Can the info be found elsewhere

mrbb

I am pretty sure the color, wasn't really changed as to, it came down to what color was wanted when the machine was ordered!

you can order a machine from most brands, in MANY different than standard colors, if your willing to order and pay the difference!
I have friends that have had factory Orange, green, blue black, bobcats, over there typical white
and have Cats machine sin several colors as well
same with NH< yellow, blue, black and so on!
so, it really comes down to what the spec's where when it was ordered over , any certain YR change IMO!

Firefighter

i believe the only ones that were originally green were the the first models built in the 60's. the 440 was built from
1974-1980 if its john deere green it may have been a jd as they built for them. if not maybe the primer
they used was a green color

OP
OP
T
I am pretty sure the color, wasn't really changed as to, it came down to what color was wanted when the machine was ordered!

you can order a machine from most brands, in MANY different than standard colors, if your willing to order and pay the difference!
I have friends that have had factory Orange, green, blue black, bobcats, over there typical white
so, it really comes down to what the spec's where when it was ordered over , any certain YR change

so, it really comes down to what the spec's where when it was ordered over , any certain YR change IMO!
no the company changed their color. I know this for sure. But thanks for your input

OP
OP
T
Anyone know when did omc change its paint color from green to yellow. I have a 440 that has green under the yellow. Both look factory. Doesn't look as if there were decals on it when it was green unless they placed the same stickers exactly over the old ones. Also my serial number plate isn't readable. Can the info be found elsewhere