Owatanna 1200

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

MorganHorse

Just got this from an auction, runs great, hydralics are aweseome, but having clutch problems. I do have all the manuals and stuff. Tried adjusting the clutch and doesn't seem to do any good. Left side works great, right side/passenger side is almost dead and after a while won't give any response. Tried calling a dealer for price on repair and they want $688 for one clutch repair kit, if available. My question: Is there any after market kits, any other kids from other units that fit? Anyway to repair or fix this clutch? This unit is too good to just junk! What about used parts. Any help out there would be appreciated.

OP
OP
M

MorganHorse

There has been quite a few read this but no one answering. Has anone replaced the clutches on these 1200's or similiar Owatanna Mustangs? I have contacted that website that was listed in another post...GoldenEagle and they reply that the only price they have is the $656 or their about for each clutch rebuilding kit. I would like to hear from someone who is experineced in rebuilding the clutch. I also wonder if there is something else out there that might be the same and could be used with some modification as a substitute for the clutch assembly. Thanks for your input. Harvey

Tazza

Staff member
There has been quite a few read this but no one answering. Has anone replaced the clutches on these 1200's or similiar Owatanna Mustangs? I have contacted that website that was listed in another post...GoldenEagle and they reply that the only price they have is the $656 or their about for each clutch rebuilding kit. I would like to hear from someone who is experineced in rebuilding the clutch. I also wonder if there is something else out there that might be the same and could be used with some modification as a substitute for the clutch assembly. Thanks for your input. Harvey
Why not remove a cluth plate and take it to a clutch/brake bonding place? I know there are places over here that can bond brake material to old brakes/clutches. Its worth a few phone calls.

Latest posts