Overheating

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Daewoo1760xl

Hello all... I'm new on here and want to see what some experts on here might say... I'm in no way an expert on anything mechanical, but slowly trying to learn... In fact I'm quite inept when it comes to working on equipment... So here is the issue... Our farm bought the daewoo 1760xl about 2 years ago, and since we have had it, there have been overheating issues. There was a new kowasaki (sp?) engine put in it before we bought it. It was overheating within mins of running... We discovered the fan was on backwards. We fixed that and it still was overheating within 15-20 mins. I replaced foam seals on back end thinking hot air was maybe not escaping properly, and today it got so hot the coolant was boiling and shooting out... Need some ideas on what this could be so I know where to start. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

OldMachinist

Assuming you've checked the fins on the radiator and oil cooler are clear of debis. The first thing I'd check is if the thermostat is opening. Drain the coolant, pull the thermostat and put it in a pot of water with a thermometer(300 deg. F min.). Heat the pot and if it opens read the temp.